Latest Galaxy S Overclock to 1.6 GHz (Vibrant) Sees FPS Unlock Achieving 78.0, Breaks 3K on Quadrant

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. UniqueNate

UniqueNate Well-Known Member

The Epic is slightly different even though it is a Galaxy S phone. That's why it doesn't have a lag fix for it, because there is no lag. The partition from the sd and other stuff were a little different from the Epic's.

I'm not saying the Epic can't be overclocked though. Would you change your device if this rumor was true? First Details of the Samsung Nexus S Emerge | Android Phone Fans

3. Eazail70x7

If it had a keyboard, I would be more tempted

4. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

Oh wow. It can't be long before this is available on the Epic!!

5. foch3

foch3 New Member

Nice! And that nexus s news could be good for galaxy s owners. Maybe gingerbread might be coming to our phones after all.

6. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

i am not quite sure what i'd do with a faster cpu. would movies play in better quality just by overclocking? i don't really watch videos except for slingbox sports. i wouldn't appreciate the extra battery drain either :(

7. Eazail70x7

It makes everything slightly faster basically

8. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

yeah i could see that being useful for running future android versions especially assuming they'll need more resources :) hopefully we'll have support from samsung or rom developers =)

9. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

I would like to think the reason for delaying Froyo so much is that Samsung just wants to surprise us with Gingerbread altogether and skip the Froyo update. Hey, I can dream right :D

10. Flaspeneer

Flaspeneer Well-Known Member

Pity it uses a different processor than the Epic. Imagine how excellent it would be if every google update worked perfectly on Galaxy S phones and were only a root away.

I'm also surprised you linked to the aptly named Phandroid, where HTC lover seems invariably to mean Samsung hater. Gizmodo was a bit more fair.

Is it my imagination, or are HTC fanboys actually worse than Apple fanboys ever were: the same dogmatism, but with the added hostility of fighting an unnecessary turf war? Most seem to hate the Epic far more than the iPhone, which isn't terribly logical for an Android user.

I really did like the Evo, but fanboys are making me never want to touch another HTC smartphone, which is a shame. The petty don't deserve that kind of power. Nor do I have much respect for Phanboy after reading that rant.

11. Thai

Thai Banned

I agree. Don't forget, there are those who hate the Epic and whine about it...yet still have it as their phone, despite the 30-day return policy.... :p