1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Latest i9100 modems

1. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

Good find mate! I just installed it. Seems a bit slower than KP8. I got 0.22mbps in my remote area, instead of the usual 0.4-0.45.

Ping's good though, 163ms!
  3. Shotgun84

I was thinking the same. It seems quick off the line but when webpages are almost loaded it seems to hang a bit.
  4. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

I'll let you give it the full test. I'm trying AndyX ROM so my modem has changed...4th time today!
    Twinn likes this.
  5. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Well-Known Member

disable fast dormancy. dial *#9900# and disable

KP8 is flying with it off, 3mbps inside my house

when i go pub later on ill try speed test again :)
    Twinn likes this.
  6. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

This one seems very good for me. Never been able to get data connection before at work, works well with thief one
  7. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

Had it disabled already. I'm just not near a phone tower :(
  8. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Well-Known Member

Makes me sad to see all these low mps readings :(

20mps was my lowest in my house.
  9. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Well-Known Member

Sorry... What's fast dormancy?
  10. Shotgun84

It determines the time it takes for your connection to go back to 3g fromH when its not being used. So if you turn fast dormancy off it will stay on H for longer after pages have loaded, therefore making it a bit quicker to load the next one. It can also improve battery if your network doesn't support it.
  11. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

Twinn, ironass and Shotgun84 like this.
  12. Shotgun84

Give me some credit, its 3 pints
  13. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

However, as Shotgun84 points out, if your network does support Fast Dormancy, then definitely leave it enabled as this will save you more battery.

... and before anyone asks... You'll have to contact your service provider to find out if they support Fast Dormancy, and if so, do they support it in your area... as this Vodafone thread demonstrates:-

Fast Dormancy - Vodafone eForum
  14. turbohobbit

Plenty of confusion over on XDA... : Fast dormancy - xda-developers

I'm trying to work out whether or not O2 support it, but it sounds a bit like even if they do support it FD may not actually be activated by a service provider...
  15. turbohobbit

I'm on O2 and in London. I've turned FD off and just tested speeds both on and off. It's a bit difficult to tell really. I initially thought I was getting worse speeds with FD off but after a few more speed tests things have picked up a bit. I *think* I'm better off with FD enabled, but I'll let sleeping dogs lie for now and try the tests again in a couple of hours.

I presume with FD disabled (and therefore H on for longer) there is a risk of increased data useage / costs?
  16. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Shotgun84 likes this.
  17. Shotgun84

Yeah something like that, I prefer my rum.
  18. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

Does it matter if they support it? By that I mean is there a possible negative effect that disabling it could have? I have no idea if mine supports it but I disabled it just in case. Everyone should do it!
  19. ironass

Are you sure about that statement Kie?

If your network/location supports Fast Dormancy, it can increase speed and save you a lot of battery...

" From a device perspective radio power consumes battery so employing fast dormancy should save battery power and increase its life. This also has an advantage to networks as it reduces congestion. But This doesn’t come without a major disadvantage to the very same cellular networks and operators. The making and breaking of the connections increases the signaling traffic and wastes network resources. The workaround to this was done by Nokia Siemens in collaboration with Qualcomm to employ NCFD or Network Control Fast Dormancy in which the device is put on a battery saving idle state while maintaining its network identity without the need to establish a new connection and request a new identity for the device on the network."

See here:-

Fast Dormancy and Battery All about Samsung Galaxy 551 and more
    Kie likes this.
  20. turbohobbit

I turned FD back on on my phone int eh end. The signal difference was marginal (as I undertsand it you shouldn't actually see much of a difference anyway) but my battery was getting raped.
  21. ironass

I have been on LP6 now, for about 6 days and am loving it! :)

I am putting this in the ironass, "Keeper", column.
    Twinn likes this.
  22. Twinn

Twinn Well-Known Member

Just flashed new modem, as far as now i see it is seriously fast with speeds on wifi/H and same with signal! :)
  23. ooberandy

ooberandy Well-Known Member

LP6 is great for me too. Seems really quick on wifi & HSPA
  24. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Well-Known Member

reflashed with a different download, raped my battery, fd on and off and the best it would come up with was 111 dBm with 1 bar signal. 3 UK

got voice echo aswell :(
  25. ironass

How odd! :confused:

Might be worth trying the following:-

Boot into Recovery and give your Dlavik cache a wipe and re-install LP6.

Then go to...

Settings > Wireless and network >Mobile networks Network operators > wait for the list to populate and then select an operator other than your own.

You will be refused connection so repeat the process and this time select your own operator. See if that helps. ;)
    Twinn likes this.