Latest Kernel and Radio?

Last Updated:

1. xLeo

xLeo Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've flashed the latest kernel and radio when I switched to Warhead build. How do I check if I've gotten the latest radio & Kernel installed?

My baseband version is t939uvjc2
    Kernel is 2.6.29 root@sep-51 #1
    Build is Donut BH_Man no TWiz

Can someone confirm my build for me?

THanks!

Advertisement
  2. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Yes that's the Latest

bionicgrape and xLeo like this.
  3. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

BH_MAN did you see my question regarding Galaxy R8 to R9?

I only ask in here because its related to the kernel. R9 says you are using R4 of the kernel. Well I'm on R3, but wasn't sure if its recommended I switch to your latest Galaxy build to get the latest kernel.

4. drawoh

drawoh Active Member

im on warheads and my build number is 76XXCSDCBALUM6375, not Donut BH_Man no TWiz...does it matter?

5. marcelo_lopez

marcelo_lopez Well-Known Member

I just realized that installing BH_Man's Stock 1.6 doesn't touch your baseband. What package includes the latest baseband radio ?

And, I presume you can update the baseband radio w/o having to update your ROM, right ?

6. marcelo_lopez

Anyone able to lend a hand ? I have the UJV6 baseband and I want to update to the latest....what package do I download and install ?

7. marcelo_lopez

C'mon folks...has anyone got any ideas ?

8. psz

psz Well-Known Member

The Official 1.6 has the latest, if I'm not mistaken.

9. marcelo_lopez

All I do is select the same image for PDA and PHONE ? Or all three ( Boot, PDA, and Phone ) ?

10. 007shinobi

007shinobi Well-Known Member

marcelo_lopez likes this.
  11. marcelo_lopez

@007Shinobi: What if I already have one of 1.6 ROM's ( BH's Stock 1.6 ), and I just want to upgrade the radio ( I'm presuming that'll help my reception and 3G, etc. ) ? Do I have to flash back...and then flash forward ( No pun intended to those who were following that TV show here in the US ) ?

12. 007shinobi

007shinobi Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. to be honest I am not sure what your asking lol. But, the radio should be upgraded by the one package because it is all the stuff (such as kernel) into 1. However, I don't think it'll guarrantee better reception. Also, I am uncertain if the upgraded radio will be retained if you do a flash back. But to clarify, do you mean flash back as in from the BH's Stock 1.6 to ota 1.6 and flash forward to BH's Stock 1.6? Or, ota 1.6 to BH's Stock 1.6 to ota 1.6?

Edit: actually, now that I think about it, if you want to revert to BH's Stock 1.6 the radio or baseband should be retained since your just flashing the kernel. Unless, the baseband is part of the kernel which I believe it is not and is separate

13. marcelo_lopez

I'm sorry, maybe I'm not explaining myself I suppose.

What I have..

BHMan Stock 1.6 w/Twiz ( that's kept under lock and key behind ADW:Launcher 1.0.1 )

If I go to

Settings->About Phone->

Kernel: 2.6.29 root@sep-51 #1
    Build Number: DONUT BH_MAN No Twiz ( even though it has TWiz )
    Baseband Version : T939UVIJ6

It's the Baseband version I want to upgrade to the latest. Or at least to the most stable, considering reports that this latest OTA w/1.6 has given people reception issues.

So. The root of my question is...Can I update this baseband version WITHOUT updating anything else ? And if so, what's the easiest way to do so.

Can I just run Odin and point it at that UVIJ3 file as pointed at in another thread, without specifying the other parts of the unit to update ( i.e. just specify the file to draw the radio firmware from ) ? Or do I have to update all three parts at once and in unison ?

That's what I'm looking to do....

Of course my reason for doing so is a quest to see if any of the newer basebands will give me better reception than I'm getting now. I hope this makes my intention clearer. Thanks again for even replying, shinobi, no one else did.

14. slmar123

slmar123 Well-Known Member

Don't know if this wil help but here is what I have:
    Currently runnng BH_Man's Take5 Rom.

Settings->About Phone->

Kernel: 2.6.29 root@sep-51 #1
    Build Number: DONUT BH_MAN No Twiz
    Baseband Version : T939UVJE2

This is how I got basically got there:
    Had tried several different roms ie: galaxy 1.6, warheads, etc..
    settled on TAKE5. From there I installed the 1.6 OTA update and also tried microhaxo's tweaked OTA 1.6. From there I decided I wanted root and apps2sd so I flashed back to Take5 and now I have the newer baseband.

You could try this but I can't say that it will help your radio issues.

15. marcelo_lopez

Is there a way to JUST flash the radio portion, using one of these "all-in-one" ROMs ?

I want to leave the Stock 1.6 OS Rom alone, and just update the radio....IF, in fact, moving from IJ6 to JE2 is really an improvement.