• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest on Sprint Data Plans with EVO?

My question is this: Has anyone switched their current Sprint line to the Everything Data plan but had a second line not switched over?

My scenario is this, I have a Power Pack Family with free Data and Free 1000 texts on each line for $69.99, sharing 700 minutes. So after taxes and insurance I pay $86 a month. I would like to upgrade the first line to the Everything Data 450 but not upgrade the second shared (free) line, and have it keep it's 1000 texts.

Has anyone been able to do this? Or something similar? I wouldn't mind paying ~$100 for the 2 phones with all data, but I don't want to have to move up to the $129.99 Data Family plan if my second line isn't a smartphone and it already has Data and Texting on it.

Thanks for the help.

Thats what I plan on doing, I was just hoping to have a little ammo on me before talking to the phone reps.

One other thing, did anyone add a 3rd line for EVO and then cut off their current line when it went off contract? Did that save you from the $129.99 Data plan?

Just trying to figure out how to upgrade only one phone basically, it seems like there should be a way to do that without doing both. I'm not trying to get anything new for free, I just want to keep my current plan or something similar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones