Latest on Sprint Data Plans with EVO?

Last Updated:

1. philqb2

philqb2 New Member This Topic's Starter

My question is this: Has anyone switched their current Sprint line to the Everything Data plan but had a second line not switched over?

My scenario is this, I have a Power Pack Family with free Data and Free 1000 texts on each line for $69.99, sharing 700 minutes. So after taxes and insurance I pay $86 a month. I would like to upgrade the first line to the Everything Data 450 but not upgrade the second shared (free) line, and have it keep it's 1000 texts.

Has anyone been able to do this? Or something similar? I wouldn't mind paying ~$100 for the 2 phones with all data, but I don't want to have to move up to the $129.99 Data Family plan if my second line isn't a smartphone and it already has Data and Texting on it.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Call Sprint,they will answer your question better than anyone in here.I know there are some Sprint reps around here,hopefully one of them will swing by and answer your questions.

Other than that you are gonna get a whole bunch of bs stories.

3. philqb2

philqb2 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thats what I plan on doing, I was just hoping to have a little ammo on me before talking to the phone reps.

One other thing, did anyone add a 3rd line for EVO and then cut off their current line when it went off contract? Did that save you from the $129.99 Data plan?

Just trying to figure out how to upgrade only one phone basically, it seems like there should be a way to do that without doing both. I'm not trying to get anything new for free, I just want to keep my current plan or something similar.