• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest Sony Update WIPED entire SD card

After the monumental screw up of Lollipop, Sony issued a new update to my phone yesterday which promised bug fixes and performance improvements. What it failed to tell me however, is that after the update the entire contents of my SD card had been wiped. ALL music, photos, videos and documents. Everything. Absolutely amazed with how the whole update/upgrade has been handled by Sony/Android and feel sick to my stomach about the phone I used to have and now lost.

After the monumental screw up of Lollipop, Sony issued a new update to my phone yesterday which promised bug fixes and performance improvements. What it failed to tell me however, is that after the update the entire contents of my SD card had been wiped. ALL music, photos, videos and documents. Everything. Absolutely amazed with how the whole update/upgrade has been handled by Sony/Android and feel sick to my stomach about the phone I used to have and now lost.
If it isn't too late, and you haven't done too much to the card, there are utilities out there that might recover some of your data.

For example:

EaseUS MobiSaver for Android - Data Recovery for Android Devices

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones