LaTeX Editor for Android: VerbTeX

Last Updated:

1. verbosus

verbosus New Member

Hi everyone,

is a LaTeX Editor for your Android device. There exist different modes to work with: 'Local Mode' stores/uses the .tex files on your device. 'Remote Mode' synchronizes your documents and projects with the LaTeX service available at

In order to generate the PDF an internet connection is required (VerbTeX uses to generate the PDF from your .tex files).

Hope you like it.

2. dbmumford

dbmumford New Member

I've used TeX for years and just downloaded VerbTeX to my Asus Eee slider. The forums say you can cut and paste existing TeX files into the editor but I don't see how. I'm used to cntrl C, cntrl V. I put my old TeX files in the VerbTeX folder but they remain invisible to VerbTeX. I'm new to tablets but quite frustrated. Thanks for advice.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I've moved this to the Applications Announcements forum as that is where folks go to find new apps.:)
  4. symbian48

symbian48 New Member

@dbmumford: One thing you could do (in Local Mode) is to copy your .tex files to the /VerbTeX/[projectname] folder. Please note that the main file has to be called "document.tex" and a "document.bib" file has to exist.

You could of course also copy and paste yout .tex files to a new project but that seems unnecessary.