• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Latitude Disappearing on Maps 5.0

SirJman

Lurker
Dec 26, 2010
My girlfriend is using a South Korean HTC Desire running Android 2.2 on SK Telecom

Since the 5.0 upgrade, she loses all capability to sign in to Latitude, as in the option disapprears from the Maps menu (and when she presses the Latitude programme in the main menu, it just opens Maps.

I have been able to temporary bring the latitude menu button back by following the directions I have seen given as answers to other people's similar problem. Uninstall, reset, reinstall. But I have found that on her phone, it only will bring back Latitude if I change the phones language to English first, if I uninstall, reset and reinstall using the phone in Korean, latitude will still be missing when Maps 5 is reinstalled.

When I manage to get latitude back up, and her signed in, it will only last about 12-24 hours before disappearing again. It stays after the phone is switched on and off, and it also stays when the phone language changes from English to Korean. But the Latitude sign-in always seems to always disappear randomly about 12 hours after I was able to bring it back

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones