LATITUDE & LONGITUDE App

1. Farley1981

Farley1981 Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Is there an app for giving you a pin point for you Longitude & Latitude?[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, courier, courier new][SIZE=-2][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, courier, courier new][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Advertisement
    :
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

GPS Status can do this. I'm sure a number of other GPS apps can as well.
  3. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Tricorder will do that, along with a lot of other things. It does look a little geeky, though. :D
  4. deepakaxi2020

deepakaxi2020 New Member

hey,
    can any body please send me codes for finding longitude and latitude of a device using either gps or network provider,i m in between my application and not getting anything to resolve this issue.
    please send me as quick as possible
  5. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Well-Known Member

My favorite GPS app is Ulysse Gizmos. It'll give you longitude, latitude, altitude, address, compass, bubble-level (with degrees of tilt) speedometer, magnetometer, and GPS satellites-in-view. You can text or email the coordinates. And you can use the map mode to pinpoint yourself on Google maps with your longitude, latitude, bearing, and distance-travelled overlaid.
  6. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

If you have a SatNav app in your device, then you can also get a latitude-longitude data, and not only in your current location, but also anywhere on the map.
  7. tvs

tvs Member

What are the apps available that will indicate latitude and longitude?
  8. tvs

tvs Member

I tried to install i on my Droid but it won't install.
  9. jawzz

jawzz Well-Known Member

Compass application by catch.com will show latitude and longitude.
  10. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Really? Did you read the thread? Several are mentioned.
  11. Radix7

Radix7 New Member

Google Maps itself will also give you the latitude and longitude.

Open Google Maps. Make sure that it is centered on your current location.
    Menu > More > About

You will be given a long list of status options. The latitude and longitude of the center of the map will be listed under "Center".
    ykearns likes this.
  12. tvs

tvs Member

When following your directions: Open Google Maps. Make sure that it is centered on your current location.
    My current position about 100 yds. from where shown on Google map.
    Menu > More > About
    There is no About. I have to go to Settings - About. ,
    You will be given a long list of status options. The latitude and longitude of the center of the map will be listed under "Center"
    There is no Center where I can find lat and long.
  13. ykearns

ykearns New Member

Maybe there are different version - i found it on google maps, and am thankful i don't need to download another app. go to goole maps. move the map around until the blue arrow is in the centre. then go to settings, then about - it will give a long list of info, including Map Center as was described. good luck.
  14. Felim_Doyle

Felim_Doyle Member

The Google Maps suggestion is great but it would be nice to be able to access this information more quickly or even have a widget to display it all of the time.

Is there something small and simple to display Latitude, Longitude and Altitude as well as other positional data such as time zone, US zip code, UK postcode, OS grid reference and, for amateur radio enthusiasts, Maidenhead locator?

I'm not sure if Maidenhead Grid Locator does all of the above or just the locator square but OS Grid Reference Widget seems to cover quite a few things for UK users.
  15. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

The app GPS Test by Chartcross will give a precise long. and lat. location. It also does many other things (including strength of GPS signal, GPS accuracy in feet, speed, compass heading, altitude, sunrise, sunset, time to the second, etc)
  16. Felim_Doyle

Felim_Doyle Member

Yeah, I discovered GPS Test shortly after I made my previous post. It's pretty good and I've read good reports about it too. Apparently it can also help with calibration issues by resetting GPS/AGPS data but that's a bit beyond me just yet.

I need to take GPS Test for a walk to test out all of its features once the weather improves!
  17. Felim_Doyle

Felim_Doyle Member

Now I need a