Lauchner ProSupport

Last Updated:

1. D_Rock

D_Rock Active Member This Topic's Starter

This may have been answered all ready but does running launcher pro save any bat life over running sense? I like both but 3 home screens are fine for me.

Advertisement
  2. IncrediblyCool

IncrediblyCool Well-Known Member

yes it does, click thanks if this helped:):D
    sense widgets use SO much battery

Droid1215 likes this.
  3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

If it works on the HTC phones running sense, then it'll likely be like other applications. These home replacements just sit on top of whatever is natively running. So, it's unlikely to improve your battery life significantly. Launcher Pro can have up to 7 home screens. Really, battery life will be affected by how many widgets you're running, if those widgets are pulling data on a regular basis, etc. Really, battery life is a game of managing when your applications are and are not pulling data because it's the power of that antennae that kills power plus processing the information. Also if you're using LP, you'll have to locate other widgets that essentially do the same thing as the Sense widgets and not as well.

sheepforwheat likes this.
  4. cwa107

cwa107 Well-Known Member

The actual UIs are not resource intensive. It's the widgets that run on them. Use a minimal number of widgets, regardless of the UI and you'll see improved battery life.

5. jakeh0

jakeh0 Well-Known Member

i like launcherpro but i wish you could customize the content of the bottom row

6. whitlecj

whitlecj Active Member

Check the store for the latest update. You can now customize the bottom row.

jbdan and SDotNY like this.
  7. SDotNY

SDotNY Well-Known Member

I don't think LP runs with sense in the background because if you choose to switch back to the sense ui than you have to wait for sense to load back up. That said tho I haven't seen a huge difference in battery life either way but you get a lil different phone experience.

8. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

Maybe removing the widgets from Sense UI will help? I'm not 100% certain. I use GDE, and I cleared all the screens in Sense before I set up GDE. I haven't had any battery life issues.

9. buckweet

buckweet Active Member

I just noticed this last night with running launcherpro.. I had my phone fully charged before going to bed and woke up this morning with full bars still.. I looked at the Android System usage and it was around 3%. With SenseUI running I believe it was always around 12 to 15%.. With Sense running I would always wake up with a battery that was 80 to 90% charged.

I didn't use any widgets with Sense other than the calendar and weather.. I even enabled pop3 mail polling yesterday too. I'm not a fan of Sense personally and this just backs up my opinion :) Some will disagree, but that is why we have choice with Android!

10. SDotNY

SDotNY Well-Known Member

Side note: If you want it to still look somewhat like sense without that fugly bottom bar, download the "fancy widget" that has the sense clock and weather on the same widget, and the locations always right. Unlike the original sense one.

x0x likes this.
  11. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll have to try that.

12. JF-08

JF-08 Member

What does Launcher Pro do that Sense does not?

Does it pinch to zoom the different home screens?

13. Ruggar

Ruggar Well-Known Member

Rotate the home screen in landscape mode. I will wager that most docks will work in landscape mode that we'll see so this will be valuable. Allow you to replace the default dock row with up to five options not just the app, phone, add to home one. You can three to seven home screens. You can specify which screen his your home screen when you press home. I know people that don't use all seven and want to get rid of the unused ones. I like the app screen transition personally heh. A feature coming soon is the ability to uninstall apps by dragging them and holding over the trash can.

14. Lev16

Lev16 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any issues using Pure Calendar widget with Launcher Pro? I have been getting force closes, so I decided to remove my Pure Calendar widgets. I had a calendar and task list open. After removing the widgets, no more force closes.

If those are the culprits, can someone recommend a decent replacement for those? Thanks!

15. SDotNY

SDotNY Well-Known Member

A nice calendar widget is "Jorte" I have been using it since about the first week with no issues and no force closes. Let me know what you think..

16. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I like agenda widget :)

17. DHall15

DHall15 Member

Anyone know of a good mail widget that will show unread email count on the icon? I would also like to be able to see unread text's on the app bar with LP. I had it then deleted it, didnt like the fact we couldn't use HTC widgets.

18. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Are you referring to just GMail or POP/IMAP accounts as well? If you just need gmail, there's one called "gmail unread count" that should do ya just fine.

19. DHall15

DHall15 Member

I need one for Pop/Imap accounts.

20. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member

Try "SMS Unread Count". It has 3 widgets that replace your dialer, mail and sms icons and will have a number that shows how many mails, texts or missed calls you have. Just drag your current dialer, sms and email off the screen and add the widget. It will ask you what type do you need when you set it up. YOu have to do it one time for each one you would like to have a count next to.

21. phositadc

phositadc Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, SMS Unread Count only has widgets for Dialer, GMail, and SMS. Not for pop/exchange Mail.