Launch by Default settings? Found.

Last Updated:

1. mtallen

mtallen New Member This Topic's Starter

Last night I clicked a YouTube link sent by a friend through email. I got a notification window asking me if I wanted to open it in the browser or in the you tube App, along with a check box to always remember my answer. I picked one and hit the check box. Under the box it said if I wanted to change my settings to go to Home > Settings > Applications> Manage Applications to change the behavior.

However that specific menu item only contains apps I have downloaded. The YouTube app isn't there, and I had been coming up blank searching for where I can change the setting I chose last night.

When you go to Home > Settings > Applications> Manage Applications, by default its filter is set to just the apps you have downloaded, to see all apps on your droid, hit the menu button, and select filter, from here choose All to get to the app whose setting you want to change.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I was able to change the filter - but numerous apps that start with the OS won't allow you to change the autostart settings. It just lists them, under the More button.....

3. mtallen

mtallen New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I noticed that also. I was primarily looking for a way to clear any "Launch by default" settings that had been set. And the filter thing was throwing me for a loop. So I thought I would post.