1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Launcher 8!General

Last Updated:

1. dg61981

dg61981 Well-Known Member

So as the thread title says, launcher 8 is pretty much the tits! Go download it from the play store now if u like the windows phone look. I like it because it's just something different. Also, when u run it for the 1st time, u may notice that the live time tile and the lockscreen display the time in 24hr format. To remedy this, go to settings/date & time and uncheck automatic time zone and automatic date and time. Hit the home key to go back to the start screen and verify that the clock now displays in 12hr format. Then, go back to settings/date & time and recheck those 2 options. Worked for me even after a reboot. It's worth noting that launcher 8 has to be your default launcher in order for this to work. Here are some links to some sceenies. Download link underneath those. Enjoy!

http://db.tt/T2YUqbqm

http://db.tt/pAu9CNl9

http://db.tt/nuod7Cer

http://db.tt/RyaPW8GG

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5seC5sYXVuY2hlcjgiXQ

Advertisement
    rs98 likes this.
  2. rs98

rs98 Well-Known Member

I just saw this a couple days ago! It's great, but I just don't like one thing. It's that when exiting an app, there is no transition like in the windows 7 launcher. I guess I'll have to wait and see if I can find a setting to fix this. But otherwise, it's something different that's pretty cool!
  3. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

I'll have to give myself a day or two to try it...It LOOKS nice. I just need to learn how to fully customize it. I love having full control of everything.
  4. dg61981

Just hit menu/theme then scroll down to launcher animations and switch on "jump animation." It's off by default.
    rs98 likes this.
  5. dg61981

Me too. The only thing in not liking about it, is that there's no screen rotation option. Not really a problem on my phone but I've been using this on my 9.7in tablet and it's a real P. I. A. having to turn the tablet back to portrait every time I hit the home key. Other than that, it's really been awesome.
  6. EazySteve

EazySteve Well-Known Member

This looks like it disables a lot of htc sense and stuff. Do you have to be rooted?
  7. dg61981

I don't think so. It doesn't ask for root permission when u install it.
  8. rs98

rs98 Well-Known Member

Is anyone having problems with multi-touch when using the lockscreen? Or any lockscreen in general?
  9. Zealex

Zealex Well-Known Member

Haha I googled this in google to find a forum and ended up here, maybe I should of have just checked here first!

Anyways, Launcher 8 is pretty cool and I like but I have a few issues with it

Sometimes when I go to an app, my lockscreen pops up and I have to enter the pattern in. It's annoying, and seems like a bug.

The next issue is that for text messages, it always displays there is 1 unread message instead of 0. If there is one actual unread text message, it'll display two unread text messages.

Otherwise, it's pretty neat!
  10. Zealex

Zealex Well-Known Member

I think we're having the same problem!
    rs98 likes this.
  11. dg61981

Yeah I think it's still in beta stages so there are bound to be bugs. I just got tired of the lockscreen and turned it off. I needed to be able to see what my battery level was when I was charging so I switched back to the stock screen.
  12. skarface1988

skarface1988 Well-Known Member

I had it before. But for some reason sliding ain't so smooth I can see a little bit of blurry lag. But the theme is pretty cool
  13. rickh4c

rickh4c Member

Anyone know how to set this as the default launcher. Before, I'd hit the home button and it would display a choice between the HTC and Win8 launcher. Now it doesn;t and I forget how to set it...

Thanks!
  14. phw8558

phw8558 Well-Known Member

Go to settings apps and find the launcher you have set to default, scroll down and armrest clear defaults. You can also try downloading a new launcher and you'll get the option back
  15. richsale

richsale New Member

When I change color of a tile it won't save it. Any ideas ?
  16. gothicnerd1033

gothicnerd1033 Well-Known Member

There should be a checkmark in the top right side of the screen. Make sure you press that to save.
  17. TheOrioles33

TheOrioles33 New Member

Is it me? How do you put an email tile with unread emails? I've seen it in screen shots but cant find it in the launcher. I see unread SMS/MMS.
  18. lolfranks51

lolfranks51 Active Member

Whoa.. this looks awesome.. will running this hurt battery life?
  19. lolfranks51

Bumpp..?
  20. gothicnerd1033

gothicnerd1033 Well-Known Member

I have been using this for a while now, And notice no difference in battery life.
    lolfranks51 likes this.
  21. lolfranks51

Thanks!
  22. manmiz

manmiz New Member

unfortunately I installed the Launcher 8 lock screen
    now that system pattern to unlock does not work anymore.

So there is no security for on unallowed users

How can I get rid of the Launcher8 Locker
    without uninstalling the main app??

thanks for help

Manfred

ps. When I save my theme ... and I uninstall Launcher 8...
    and then make a new Launcher 8 installation ... is it possible to reload my theme then ???
  23. MitchBurke

MitchBurke New Member

Anybody care t submit their home screens?
  24. dxl319

dxl319 New Member

I was woundering if any of you were have a blue bar in the app drawer in launcher 8. The bar is in chines and when you click on it takes you to a chines app website.
  25. Servomation

Servomation New Member

I've been using Launcher 8 for a long while, and I love it.
    But I'm having a definite problem with the lock screen. Right now, all the "locking" that is active is a feeble "swipe up" to unlock. Feeble because I'm finding that I'm accidentally unlocking all the time.
    But when I try to set a different unlock method (PIN, pattern, etc) in the SYSTEM prefs, Launcher appears to completely ignore/bypass the setting. I even went down the road of installing the Launcher 8 locker, and that did absolutely nothing for me.

How can I get my locking scheme back?