• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LAUNCHER.apk modification help?

ericks17

Dec 13, 2009
I modified my launcher.apk but I can't figure out how to put the modified version on my phone. I would put the file where it belongs /system/app but it fails to install. So I then tried to use ddms to push the file but still the same thing. So I put my phone in recovery to push the through ddms that way, figured maybe phone shouldn't be running, but I can't do anything on ddms when my phone is in recovery.

OK I got it onto my phone but it won't let me erase these 2 files: "ic_tray_collapse.png" and "ic_tray_expand.png". They have a litlle white arrow which I don't want, and if I delete the 2 files the launcher always FCs, so they have to be there but how do I remove the pic of the arrow?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones