1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Launcher+ Beta

Last Updated:

1. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i downloaded the launcher+ Beta app which is a stripped down version of Home++ ... it just gives you the extra screens. problem is i download it and it doesnt do anything!? it shows the app when i look in my manage applications screen under settings, but i can't find it under my menu, and if i long press on the main screen i can't get an option to "add screen". am i doing something wrong here or what?

Advertisement
  2. aguillon5

aguillon5 Well-Known Member

Make sure that your current Home app is not the default home application. I believe it is settings> applications> go to your current home app and uncheck the use as default. Hope this helps!!

3. brnr17

i dont have any other home apps downloaded tho. i have just the stock droid phone home.

4. aguillon5

Try the ole home button on the screen and you should have an option to choose what home to use. Just tap it no long press.

5. brnr17

i dont think your getting what im saying. I dont have any theme, or home application (like home++, gde, ahome) installed on my phone. So choosing a default app isn't an option because i only have the default home that came with my phone

6. aguillon5

I understand but the launcher app is an alter native home app. I am just trying to go through a process of elimination with you. what happens when you tap on the home button?

7. brnr17

it just goes to my home page, just like it did the moment i took it out of the box. doesnt give me an option tochoose launcher or default

8. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

Have you actually ran the launcher++ app from your main menu (not in manage applications)? I think when you first run it, it will ask if you want to default to it. Been a few days since I installed mine, but I am pretty sure it doesn't just automatically take over until you manually run it once.

9. brnr17

your right it doesnt just take over, however like i tried explaining above it doesnt show up anywhere else except in manage applications. Shows downloaded from the marketplace, shows in the manage apps screen, but know where else

10. jolenemae21

jolenemae21 Well-Known Member

Download the free app "Home Switcher" You can view all your home replacements including "Android Home" which is the one the phone comes with. With the app you can launch the different home replacements you have and also set them as the default home app.

11. Shadowtech

Ok, just to check, I installed this app again. After install, if you click your physical home screen button it brings up the menu allowing you to choose launcher+ as well as setting it to default. Upon quick inspection, that appears to be the only way to activate it, so if you accidentally set your stock home to be default.. try uninstalling and reinstalling Launcher+.

12. brnr17

i get what your saying but that didnt work. i also tried un and re installing before posting thread

13. brnr17

this worked thank you

14. Shadowtech

Even though you figured a way to do this, I'll post this anyway in case someone else has an issue, or doesn't want to install another app to manage it.

If you get no prompt to set the default home app, do this:
    Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications.
    Click Menu>Filter> select All.
    Scroll down to Home. Select Clear Default.
    Hit your Home button, you should be greeted with a prompt to select your desired home app and set it to default.

Now if this doesn't work I have no idea.. worked fine for me after installing Launcher+, setting the native home to default, then switching between them.

15. Laurajeremy

Laurajeremy Member

not to hijack post but I just installed launcher and cant figure out how to get my email shortcut back the way it was
    I had 1 shortcut for 5 different email addresses but when I try to add the shortcut it makes me choose one of them--ugh help please