Launcher icon switched to sideSupport

Last Updated:

1. Hansc

Hansc Member This Topic's Starter

I posted this in another section, but it may be more appropriate here. I'm really new to the Droid. Just getting started.

Today, I got a case for it, when I got home I took it out of the case and the dialer, launcher and contact icons, which were along the bottom, were suddenly instead down the right side. Plus, in the apps tray, I had 4 apps across, but now there are seven apps across.

Any ideas on what happened and how to change it back?:confused:

Thanks Hans

Advertisement
  2. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

its set to rotate when you turn the phone sideways. you can turn it off by going into launcher pro settings and turning off the auto rotate feature.

when you flip the phone back it should rotate back

3. Hansc

Thanks jreed, really appreciate your quick help. I tried it but the three icons, dialer, launcher and contacts remain fixed down the side. I may go to the Verizon store tomorrow and see if they have some answers.

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

did you try going into the settings and turning auto rotate off?

5. Hansc

Yes, I turned the auto rotate off. The pages that I would then look at would no longer rotate, but that had no effect on the home page launcher bar. Plus, in addition to that, the app tray now has 7 rather than 4 apps across and on the other home page apps they used to be labeled, such as "browser", contacts, market" and so on, but all those labels have disappeared and only the icons remain.

I think I may have to head to the Verizon store tomorrow and see if they can figure it out. I'll let you know what happens.

Hans

6. Hansc

Anyway. The next day when I took it out of the case, the CAR DOCK window question was up. I have never even touched that app, so I declined. When I did, my screen went back to normal.

However, when I put my sleeping phone into it's case, I saw it turn on through a side slot. I pulled it out and once again, it was the CAR DOCK app on the screen. So I went through the same steps.

At the Verizon store, the guys thought that my phone case was messing with my phone. The case flap has a magnet in it and they thought the magnet next to the phone screen was the problem.

I got a different case. Thanks for the help. It's really good to know that when problems happen we have somewhere to go to help us work it out.

Hans

7. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

Yes, a magnet will do it. They use a magnet in the car dock adaptor for your phone to switch it to car dock mode. You can take a refig magnet and place it against the back of the Droid X and it will switch to car dock status.