• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Launcher keeps disappearing

s_special

Android Enthusiast
Aug 26, 2010
socal
I'm using apex Launcher
So this started happening to me on a daily basis : I go into any particular app or perform a task and when I return to what it supposed to me the home screen I instead see just the wallpaper. The wallpaper still scrolls and if I tap in the areas I know the icons are supposed to be I can still access them. Please help, I don't know what is causing this and lately I'm having to reboot the system or force stop the launcher to get it back to normal. Anyone else experience this issue?

I know this will be inconvenient, but go into your apps under the settings menu and click on Apex. Inside that menu force stop, clear data, clear cache, uninstall. Reboot the tablet. Re-download, install, and setup from scratch.

If that doesn't work: Try a different launcher. I've been happy with Nova.

Thanks, yeah that was going to be my last resort

Upvote 0
This used to happen to me with aftermarket and the stock launchers. I saw a post of some forum recently that blamed beautiful widgets. I uninstalled that and switched to fancy widgets a few days ago and it hasn't happened since.

If you're using beautiful widgets, you might want to try uninstalling that. If not, I got nothing for you.

Upvote 0
This has started happening to me this past few weeks. I'm just using the stock launcher. Only thing I can think of that I installed recently is Words with Friends and Classic Words Free (a scrabble game).

If you're not using beautiful widgets (and to be honest, i'm not 100% sure that's the problem), the only thing I've seen be completely effective is to reflash. It's a pain, but it will fix the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones