Launcher Pro + alarm clock = no way to turn it off / snooze

Last Updated:

1. MattMan

MattMan Member

Silly MattMan has another question.

I have sorted out my Launcher Pro problem from my last thread, but here's another.

Long story short - I can't switch off my alarm clock (or snooze). I have to turn off the phone completely to make it stop.

I use Launcher Pro, Widget locker and stock alarm. Unfortunately none of the buttons work, nothing appears on the screen and I don't know how to switch the damn thing off - which makes alarm clock unusable. But I really need alarm clock, can't live without it.

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I use Launcher Pro and have never had any problems with the stock alarm app.
  3. MattMan

MattMan Member

Maybe it's because Widget Locker? I don't use standard HTC slide down thingy.
  4. MattMan

MattMan Member

Yes, Widget Locker is actually causing this problem. Now does any of you have any idea how to solve this problem?
  5. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member

It doesn't occur every time with WidgetLocker, and disabling Easy Wake mode should help. But I'm also releasing an update very soon that fixes it properly.

Sorry about the bug :(
    MattMan likes this.
  6. MattMan

MattMan Member

OK, so I'll wait for the update then. Thanks.
  7. sweetbabyray

sweetbabyray New Member

I had the same problem the other morning. All I wanted to do was go back to sleep, but the alarm would not shut off.

Here is the fix:

Go into the clock, then alarm clock and click the menu button, then settings. Go to Slide Button Behavior, which will give you three options, choose none.

Now, when your alarm goes off there will be a pop up and you can either choose dimiss or snooze.
    Wally World and MattMan like this.
  8. brownhornet

brownhornet Well-Known Member

With mine when it goes off there's a little box towards the bottom of the screen that says snooze.. or slide it down to dismiss it.
  9. MattMan

MattMan Member

10. MattMan

MattMan Member

Seems to be working fine now. Not sure if it's because of update, or because I've changed them options as per your advise. But it works :)

Thanks guys.
  11. unl0rd

unl0rd Member

My stock Hero (2.1) actually has side button behavior, and not slide button..
    The only side buttons are the volume up/down, and changing the behavior does nothing at all. Although I do not use launcher pro.