Launcher Pro as default instead of sense question?

Last Updated:

1. HTCeasar

HTCeasar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just put the newest version of fresh on my phone. I cannot figure out how to set launcher pro as default instead of sense. Dec says launcher is on the Rom but when I open launcher I see it , then hit the home button and it goesback to sense. Is there a way to set it as default?

Advertisement
  2. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

Download clear defaults from the market. Then clear sense defaults with it. Then when you hit the home button you will be able to set LP.

HTCeasar likes this.
  3. HTCeasar

I downloaded it hit clear then home and it goes back to sense again. I force closed sense and hit home but it gave no option to set LP as default. What am I doing wrong?

4. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Reinstall LP

5. HTCeasar

Got it working thanks !!

6. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

you could also download home switcher from the market ;)

7. cfrock

cfrock Active Member

How did you fix it?
    I'm having the same exact issue. I can use home switcher to select LP but as soon as I hit the home button is shoots me back to Sense. I've tried setting LP as default but it doesnt stick. I've cleared the sense default too. I've reinstalled a couple of times too to no avail. I just don't get it. Running Fresh 3.2

Update: re-flashed Fresh 3.2 rom and it seems to be working now.

8. AndremG

AndremG Well-Known Member

This is exactly my problem - no matter what I do (I've tried all the above), I get the Sense UI launcher and Launcher Pro won't stick. I'm reflashing Fresh 3.2 now - hopefully, this is the ticket 'cause I didn't have this problem with AVA Froyo v7.

Update: Reflash didn't do it. I still get Sense UI launcher. Gonna check out Flipz site and see if someone else brought this up, but may switch back to AVA if I can't get this stable.

Update Again: Leave it to XDA developers forum to fix a problem. So far, so good.

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

Click on HTC Sense and scroll to "Launch by default" and click "clear defaults"

Hit your Home key and select "Launcher Pro" as your default home launcher.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=8158681&highlight=launcher+pro#post8158681

9. ASUService

ASUService New Member

I use Go Launcher instead of LP but had the same issue. Thanks for your post ... it worked perfectly

10. bjzwrld

bjzwrld Member

Have tried everything in this post and none have worked for very long.
    I am going to try seeing if the Estrongs "Suite" is installed and causing a problem, but I definitely know this isn't a launcher problem as this happens with several different launchers...I thought it was a HTC Sense issue, but I have now seen (I think) a couple of posts from a Samsung device.
    I have the Thunderbolt and since the 2.3.4 update, I have had the same problem. I have read several posts, but no real solution. The Homesmack didn't work. This Really sounds like an HTC issue, but I am still trying to read more posts.

11. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

You may receive better support from your phone's subforum:

Thunderbolt - All Things Root - Android Forums