Launcher Pro, BB 0.1, and Apps2sd

Last Updated:

1. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to get the icons on the apps that have been moved to SD card to show on the home screen after rebooting? Every time I turn the phone off and back on again, the icons on my home screen for apps that have been moved to the sd card don't show up. A temporary fix is to reset Launcher Pro. But I have to do it each time I restart the phone. I have to shut my phone off several times a day. Is there a way to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Yes, go into settings, manage applications, choose launcher pro and force it to stop.. All your apps will reappear.
    Oops, I just noticed you know of temporary fix, only permanent fix that I can think of is move your apps back to internal memory. I'm curious if anyone has tried this with any other launcher, is it the same result after reboot?
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. proginski

proginski Active Member

Not sure of a fix to your problem but was wondering why you have to restart your phone several times a day. I haven't had to reset my phone in over a week and then it was only because I was flashing a different rom...Phil

4. tjreishus

I have done that also, but if I power off the phone and turn it back on again, I will have to do that procedure again. I would like to find a fix that I wont have to do each time I power down and back up again.

Thanks though.

5. tjreishus

I have to for my Job. I'm an airline pilot. We have to shut our phones completely off. We can't use airplane mode.

6. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Dang I wish I had ur job! I'm a truck driver and I always say that flying a plane is my next project.
    But I don't know, move your apps back to internal, I don't know if it is just me but it seemed when I had apps2sd running, it bogged my Droid down.. maybe when cyan releases a froyo rom, we can have apps2sd with no problems.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. tjreishus

Thanks, I do enjoy my job so I feel pretty fortunate in that respect.

I think your right about waiting. I guess I'll only put the apps that are not on my home screen to SD for now. I haven't noticed it bogging my phone down, but I haven't put many to SD at this point. I did move google earth and Flash to the card. It's nice to take such huge files off of the memory.