1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Launcher Pro Calendar widget question.

Last Updated:

1. pattywak

pattywak Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Finally upgraded to Launcher Pro Plus, and loving the Calendar widget. Today I added my class schedule to my google calendar. Now in the widget, whenever there is a day that you have an event there is a little notch in the corner of the day.

My question is this: is there a way to have only certain events put this little notch on the box for the day? Before I put my class schedule in my calendar it was only my personal events that had shown up such as the wedding I'm attending this weekend, but now there is an event indicator for every day because of my schedule.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. braj

braj Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a way. I don't like that widget at all, it looks good on the surface but unless you have very simple expectations it is terrible. I would expect that you could select a day, then click 'add' and it would add an event on that day, but it adds on your current day, it displays all your calendars with no options, doesn't have any options really. It is a big disappointment to me and doesn't look to be actively improved. I love LPP and am happy I supported the developer by buying, but all the widgets are like this for me, I don't use any of them.

I use Pure Grid and Pure Agenda, two screens I know and I had to buy them, but much better than the LPP one for giving me easy control and viewing my schedule it is wonderful, and compensates for the pretty lame Android calendar. You can also see tasks and it supports a good array of third-party apps.

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

If there is an option for which calendars to view, I have not seen it. You may wish to suggest it over at the Launcher Pro forum because it is a nice idea.

You could also try the agenda view to see what is coming up easier. Another option is to use an additional agenda widget (like smooth calendar) to show what the actual events are.

4. pattywak

pattywak Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really do like the LPP calendar widget because I really don't expect much out of it, Im a student and not a business person or anything like that. And I'm really trying to avoid having to pay for ANOTHER app just for this one missing feature. Seems a little excessive for me.

As of right now, Im using the Agenda view, but it would just be very nice to be able to see the important events of my month at a glance.