Launcher pro - Contacts on dock

Last Updated:

1. brianr8011

brianr8011 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings!

I just switched from a Droid Incredible to a Droid X and have a question about putting contact shortcuts on the Launcher Pro Dock.

On my DInc, when I would add a contact and chose default icon, it would show the picture assigned to that contact, whether it be their Facebook photo or one I had on the sd card.

When I do the same on my new X, it shows a picture of a person I have never seen for one contact, and generic siloette for another.

I took the picture for my wife from my old phone and put it on my new sd card, but when I try to switch icon->custom Icon, it can't be found.

So two questions- how do you get it to default to the contacts assigned picture, and where do you have to put a picture for it to be found when doing a custom icon.

Thanks,
    Brian

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

The contact's picture needs to be in your Gallery. Any picture in your gallery can be used as an icon.

Although, if you have LP and, if you upgrade to LP+, they have a Contacts Widget that is quite nice. Any contact you STAR in your contact list appears in the scrollable Contacts Widget with their picture.

3. brianr8011

I have the picture I want to use in the same folder as all of the pictures that I downloaded through the Backgrounds app. The Backgrounds show up in gallery, but the contact photo does not. Any suggestions?

4. BookLover

What format are the pictures? JPG? Gif?

5. groovejedi

groovejedi Active Member

If you can't see it, try downloading AndExplorer (free from the market). That should allow you to see it.

6. brianr8011

groovejedi- I can see it through Astro File Manager, just not through Launcher Pro's custom icon screen.

BookLover- it is a jpg.

7. BookLover

I wonder if there is a limit to picture file size for image to be accepted as icon in the dock. Have you tried reducing the physical size of the image to the approximate size of LP icon? Use something like Photoshop Express to compress the image/reduce physical file size (e.g., from 1080x900 to 72x50, for example).

GrandMasterB and brianr8011 like this.
  8. brianr8011

That was it. I resized and cropped it in paint, and it showed up. Thanks BookLover.

9. BookLover

Yay! You're welcome.

10. SplicedX

SplicedX Well-Known Member

brianr8011,

I was having the same problem. My contacts facebook pics would never show up right or there be none at all. It is actually a problem in the motorola blur. Basically you will have to manually assign each contact a pic. Pain in the butt, i know. I even went to the extent of contacting the developer of launcher pro.

11. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

If you'd like to put a direct dial icon/shortcut in your LP dock, do the following:

hyperlite likes this.
  12. hyperlite

hyperlite Well-Known Member

Thanks!

13. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Glad it helped you. :)

14. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Well-Known Member

You can use an app called "syncmypix". It will sync your pics with facebook. You can even assign the correct picture to an account if you want to use a different picture. I know my launcherpro would sometimes use another person's picture in the dock until I used this.