Launcher Pro / E-mail NotificationsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Mays24

Mays24 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Installed Launcher Pro and love it. Extremely fast on my phone. The only problem I am having is that I do not get e-mail notifications for Yahoo or Hotmail. Handcent notifications work fine. As soon as I switch back to Sense, the notifications show up. Any ideas why this happens in Launcher Pro. I want to use it, but if I cant get e-mail notifications it is a no deal. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Am now having a similar issue, but slightly different. It won't show a new email unless I add the inbox icon after I received the email. Then I go into my hotmail and delete the email come back to the homescreen and voila the unread # is still there. It won't go away without deleting the hotmail icon and adding another one. When switched to sense everything is dandy so I'm sure it is with this latest build of LP. Any ideas or suggestions?

Weird I say :)

3. banduraj

banduraj Well-Known Member

I always thought that the inbox count on the app icon on the home screen was a function of sense. That's why the gmail app icon never had it. For me, on Launcher Pro, I get no count of unread messages on the app icons for Messages or Mail.

4. buff12db

buff12db Well-Known Member

Same here, but I do get notifications in the notifcation bar for the accounts I have set up to notify.

5. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

You could always try out ADW.Launcher if LauncherPro is giving you problems...

I have switched between the two a bunch of times in the past weeks and both are right there, neck and neck now...

6. tha5150

tha5150 Well-Known Member

same here. i have 2 email icons (Gmail and Exchange) and i always have a 1 on the exchange and nothing on Gmail... lastnight i missed an important email from this.. switched back to sense and going to see if it works as it should. small bug for a great addition but sucks.

7. tha5150

no info on this?

8. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, I would say that you are having this issue because Sense isn't actually closing, just running in the background. What it sounds like is that the notifications are being picked up by Sense first, and Launcher Pro isn't getting them. If you're running the stock 2.1, you can't close Sense. Home screen replacements like Launcher Pro just run on top of them like Sense runs on top of the Android Home.

Also, are you sure you have the settings set in Launcher Pro so that it shows the email and messages count in the notification bar?

9. tha5150

well, i have Dock Settings under preferences.. in there, i have everything checked. ( unread gmail count, sms count and missed call count..) all are checked.