• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro / E-mail Notifications

Mays24

Dec 16, 2009
Northern California
Installed Launcher Pro and love it. Extremely fast on my phone. The only problem I am having is that I do not get e-mail notifications for Yahoo or Hotmail. Handcent notifications work fine. As soon as I switch back to Sense, the notifications show up. Any ideas why this happens in Launcher Pro. I want to use it, but if I cant get e-mail notifications it is a no deal. Thanks.

Installed Launcher Pro and love it. Extremely fast on my phone. The only problem I am having is that I do not get e-mail notifications for Yahoo or Hotmail. Handcent notifications work fine. As soon as I switch back to Sense, the notifications show up. Any ideas why this happens in Launcher Pro. I want to use it, but if I cant get e-mail notifications it is a no deal. Thanks.

Am now having a similar issue, but slightly different. It won't show a new email unless I add the inbox icon after I received the email. Then I go into my hotmail and delete the email come back to the homescreen and voila the unread # is still there. It won't go away without deleting the hotmail icon and adding another one. When switched to sense everything is dandy so I'm sure it is with this latest build of LP. Any ideas or suggestions?

Weird I say :)

Upvote 0
Am now having a similar issue, but slightly different. It won't show a new email unless I add the inbox icon after I received the email. Then I go into my hotmail and delete the email come back to the homescreen and voila the unread # is still there. It won't go away without deleting the hotmail icon and adding another one. When switched to sense everything is dandy so I'm sure it is with this latest build of LP. Any ideas or suggestions?

Weird I say :)
I always thought that the inbox count on the app icon on the home screen was a function of sense. That's why the gmail app icon never had it. For me, on Launcher Pro, I get no count of unread messages on the app icons for Messages or Mail.

Upvote 0
I always thought that the inbox count on the app icon on the home screen was a function of sense. That's why the gmail app icon never had it. For me, on Launcher Pro, I get no count of unread messages on the app icons for Messages or Mail.

Same here, but I do get notifications in the notifcation bar for the accounts I have set up to notify.

Upvote 0
If I had to guess, I would say that you are having this issue because Sense isn't actually closing, just running in the background. What it sounds like is that the notifications are being picked up by Sense first, and Launcher Pro isn't getting them. If you're running the stock 2.1, you can't close Sense. Home screen replacements like Launcher Pro just run on top of them like Sense runs on top of the Android Home.

Also, are you sure you have the settings set in Launcher Pro so that it shows the email and messages count in the notification bar?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones