Launcher Pro fc due to Quick Desk?

Last Updated:

1. cmotion

cmotion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I've only recently been having issues with Launcher Pro force closing... or sometimes when I exit an app it's just a blank black screen. I'm wondering if that has to do with the fact that I downloaded the app Quick Desk, which you can basically set as an additional screen of apps/widgets that you can access at any time by either double-tapping the home key or long-pressing the search key. That way you can, say, turn on wifi without leaving your browser, etc. I guess I could try switching it to open on long-pressing the search key, because the way that it's configured now, you have to make Quick Desk your default "Home", and then choose your favorite home replacement for when you hit the "Home" key (I use Launcher Pro). Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has used Quick Desk and experienced the same thing? I'm assuming that is it because I had never had any FC problems with Launcher Pro...

Advertisement
  2. SudoSamurai

SudoSamurai New Member

I've noticed something very similar...

Running a Captivate with Cog 2.3b6 with the latest LauncherPro and Quickdesk. I had downloaded QD once before a month or two ago and started having the same problem. I finally pinned it on QD after I removed it and LP wasn't crashing anymore. Now I'm having the same problem with the latest versions of both. Guess no one's figured it out, yet?

It's a huge annoyance since it takes several seconds for LP to load back up after crashing. I love both programs (especially the new version of QD with the quickbar and all the improvements), but hopefully this gets addressed, soon...