Launcher Pro get laggy for anyone with widgets?Support

Last Updated:

1. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't know why but the last 2-3 updates for Launcher Pro have been horrible. I've got 5 widgets on my home screen (Divi clock, battery gauge, smooth calendar, weatherbug and power strip). Before about 3 updates ago, exiting an app to the home screen was smooth and instant.

With the last few updates however, while getting to the homescreen is still instant, it takes a noticeable time to draw each of the widgets and it seems to get worse with each update pushed out.

I haven't gone hog wild and installed a thousand apps or anything between the last updates so I can only assume it's LP. I backed up the homescreens, uninstalled and reinstalled LP as well, to no avail.

Has anyone else noticed it getting slower with these last updates?

Advertisement
  2. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

2 updates ago, I had lag when swiping between screens/home pages. I uninstalled LPP then did a reinstall which helped a little. Then I found out I had an app that was causing a memory leak which would drain my battery and performance (Facebook), so I got rid of that. This led to me to check the settings on EVERY app I have on the phone where I set most of the apps to manual refresh or the lowest refresh setting if manual wasn't available. The only apps that I have refresh often are e-mail, weather, and a sports scoreboard which are set between 1 to 2 hours. This has done wonders for my phone in the past couple days where my battery is much improved as is the performance of the phone. The only laggy part that remained was the unlock function which I got rid of by adding WidgetLocker. My battery setting is on Smart Mode as well.

3. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I figured out what happened, I guess one of the updates to launcher pro changed settings. I re-checked "keep in memory" and now it's always blazing fast. I unchecked the "droid" hack, I don't notice any difference either way. I've never had any lag on unlocking the phone. I do need to go trim some fat though, probably have over 200 apps installed. :)

FB has been fixed for the memory leak.

What program do you use to check for memory leaks?

4. luckman212

luckman212 Member

i know this thread is a little old but I'd like to know what app you used to check for leaks too, if you're still following ...