Launcher Pro ??? GmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator This Topic's Starter

Has anyone got the stock email app to work with Launcher Pro, meaning I can check my emails, and I can have it notify me of an email in the notification bar, but I cannot get it to post the number of unread email in green like it use to do on the envelope. Now I know some of you will say download the unread Gmail app, but when you do that and open the emails it does not open it in the stock app,which is what I want as it shows the full email body, any suggestions anyone

Advertisement
  2. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

it only works if the gmail icon is in the dock at the bottom of the screen. you can turn it on by going to menu-> preferences-> dock settings and checking the 'unread gmail count' checkbox.

DonB likes this.
  3. DonB

OK I will add the icon to the dock and the check mark it in the settings, I saw the dock settings but did not know what it was for, lol thanks

4. DonB

OK just tested it but it is not exactly what I was looking for, good enough, but what I wanted is the same thing but with the stock email app,not the Gmail with the red envelope, if you open your Gmail with the red envelope and you have a long email it does not allow you to see the full email, but the stock email app does, so I would like the stock app to be able to show the number unread emails if possible. I tried that app and does not work in the dock either, right now I have to have both apps on my home screen, the red envelope on the dock and the stock app on the home screen, any other suggestions !!!

5. DonB

Bump. no one any solution to using the native email app in LP and know how many emails you have??

6. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

Sorry Don - Meant to work on this.
    Right now - No - just the notification when you have AN e-mail...
    Which is plenty for me....If I have one I have 50....
    Why do you need to number to show?

7. MahaloCat

Don - Can you use the g-mail Icon in the dock and link it to the Native e-mail app?

8. DonB

I don't really need to know the number, but I would like it to work, as it has worked before and like the feature, no special reason

9. DonB

Not sure how you would do that, have you tried, I have both in the doc and the red icon shows the number count but not the native one, and again I prefer the native one because of the viewing, it duplicates the web base email

10. stay_clean

stay_clean Well-Known Member

First, delete both shortcuts in the dock all together. Next, add a new shortcut in the dock for the native email app, and use the Gmail icon as opposed to the stock email icon. Don't know if that would work at all for what you need it to (never tried, use the Gmail app, and don't use Unread Email count in the dock, ha), but worth a shot...

11. DonB

Nope does not work, but thanks though

12. DonB

You guys will laugh, after trying what Stay Clean mention and it did not work, I left native icon in the dock, and then tried to change that icon to one of the LP icon, and when done did not like it, so then I clicked on the icon again to change the shortcut to go back the native email app, and now as I did before still have both app in the dock and now both apps have the number on them in red, LMAO go figure.

13. MahaloCat

Hey man---- at least you got it working!

14. DonB

It was short lived, once I reboot the stock native stopped the numbers again, lol

15. Ambious

Ambious New Member

No luck here either :-(
    I wish there was a native setting for that.
    Also, I wish there was a popup for unread email like there is for messages (in paid version)