Launcher Pro issue with notificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. 1977sjr

1977sjr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those using Launcher Pro on your X, here's my problem. Maybe others have it too. I added my Gmail and Text Messages shortcuts to my dock and check-marked the options to have the number of unread emails and messages show up. However, those numbers are not showing up on the icons whenever I get new emails or texts. Anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

To set the LP settings, choose the "preferences" menu option. Then go to "dock settings" and make sure you have checked the notifications you want.

3. 1977sjr

LOL yes, this is exactly what I did per my original post, but the icons in my dock are not showing a little number for unread messages and emails. Is it working on yours?

4. 1977sjr

Do I possibly have to turn off the stock message notifications in order for the notification numbers to show up on the dock icons on Launcher Pro? It wouldn't seem I'd have to do that, but I'm trying to figure this out. It's the ONLY issue I'm having with LP. Otherwise it's fantastic.

5. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I only have "missed call count" set. I don't use gmail for email.

I use the messaging app for email and my notifications are set in the settings for that app.

6. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I don't think these notifications are compatible with the Blur messaging and email clients.

7. 1977sjr

Actually, my unread count just started showing up for unread Gmail emails this morning down in the Launcher Pro dock, so that's working. However, it's not showing an unread count for my text messages. Maybe you're right...maybe it's a Moto compatibility issue which is why the unread text count isn't displaying.

8. travishamockery

travishamockery Well-Known Member

mine never worked for texts until I started using handcent. it definitely seems it's the moto one.

9. 1977sjr

I downloaded the Unread SMS app and when I add the widget to the homescreen, it works perfectly, but there's no way that I can tell of adding it to the Launcher Pro dock unfortunately...

10. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Right...

Gmail is a Gapp (Google made), and is the same across all Android devices. That's why it works with LauncherPro.

The SMS and Email clients on the DX are not the stock Android ones, so that's why LauncherPro does not support them (yet).

I'm sure it's just a few lines of code to change though, because LauncherPro doesn't know where to look for that information. If it knew where to look, it could easily implement the counters.

11. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

The GMail and SMS unread indicators work for me.

12. DanielM3

DanielM3 Member

any update on how to make this work? gmail count works for me but not sms?

13. Tumeg

Tumeg Well-Known Member

I'm having this same problem.
    Got my replacement Droid X and have been setting it up to how my old one was, and I am having one [rather annoying, and important problem (for me)] - The unread count for my GMAIL isn't appearing, with Launcher Pro!
    My unread texts, and missed phone call numbers\counts all show up, but the gmail one is not working!

On my first Droid X, it was all working perfectly. But I can't figure out why this one is messing up! (Yes, the "unread gmail count" option is turned on)

14. mchung53

mchung53 Well-Known Member

Both of my notifications (gmail and stock sms) are working on the LP+ dock...I'm using the launcher pro icons if that makes any difference.

15. Tumeg

Tumeg Well-Known Member

I assume your "shortcut" for gmail, is just the gmail app?

16. mchung53

mchung53 Well-Known Member

Yea...I just held the open spot on my dock and chose the built-in gmail application...for the icon I chose the default launcher pro icon

17. Tumeg

Tumeg Well-Known Member

Mine is setup exactly the same, and it still won't work... Grr...
    Would doing a battery pull help at all, you think? I've tried simply restarting it, and it still just won't work.

I've moved my question to the official LauncherPro forums. If you're interested in following along;
    http://www.launcherpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4188