launcher pro n plus

Last Updated:

1. polecats03

polecats03 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is it really worth to have it if ur not rooted or have a custom rom? Im too scared to root n get a rom. If I install it n don't like it it goes back to stock settings but it wont mess up my phone right. Hate to have to factory reset. Thanks all!!

Advertisement
  2. Willyg44

Willyg44 Well-Known Member

You do not need root for the paid version of Launcher Pro if that's what you're thinking. Sorry if I misunderstood. The paid version is worth it for me.

3. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Totally worth it.

4. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

You do not need to be rooted to use Launcher Pro or Launcher Pro Plus...

Plus is paid and add more options and some nice widgets...

If you don't like Launcher Pro, you can simply delete it and be back to stock without having to factory reset...

One bit of advise, Launcher Pro runs on top of the stock launcher so make sure you remove all home screen widgets before installing Launcher Pro... If you don't like Launcher Pro and delete it, all you will need to do is add your home screen widgets back...

5. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I didn't understand the hype around using Launcher or ADW but then I tried playing around with the customizations....I LOVE Launcher Pro!! Definitely worth the few bucks IMO to get the full paid version but I'd suggest you try the free version, see how it fits you, and then go full if you really like it

6. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I've been using LPP for a couple weeks now and love it. Looking for a way to remove BlurHome

7. polecats03

so it wont like mess with ur calls or anything? sorry i know nothing about modding phones and what not. i dont wanna install something than have it mess up the operating system

8. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

Plus is worth it because of the widgets. Not to mention, the developer is so great and on top of things that he deserves your support and donations. The more donations he gets the more motivated he gets to make Plus even better. Besides it's only $2.99.

9. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

Nope.... It does noting more than ride overtop of the stock Blur... Like I said earlier, make sure you remove all the widgets from the stock Moto home screen before you install LP... If you don't, your device may lag because it will be running those widgets behind LP...

10. polecats03

it seems like with LPP people are using the widgets and it just looks like an HTC phone. am i wrong saying that? I came from an HTC Hero and I hated the widgets!!

11. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

I cant wait to see what Fede does with LPP when its not blur based and stands on its own. Its gonna be great..

12. polecats03

so you dont have to be rooted to get LPP and custom themes??

13. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

No, no root needed for LPP or "unofficial" LP themes. You do need root for other themes that change a bunch of aspects of your phone's system, but again, not for a LP only theme.

Some of the LP themes are linked in this thread...
    http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...-these-lpp-widgets-you-all-talking-about.html
    and another here...
    http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/200474-theme-app-droidx-launcherpro.html

14. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Root your phone and delete BlurHome and all the other bloatware you don't want. LPP is the only launcher on my phone.

LP is not Blur based, it is written on top of the stock android launcher. LP has been out longer than an android phone with Blur on it. But yes, it is going to be awesome when Fede finishes writing the code from scratch.

15. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I tried once and my lock screen wouldn't come back. You're using the stock lock screen? I'll have to try it again.

16. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing that out.. I meant stock based.. Either way...lol