Launcher Pro on the G Tablet?

1. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

I'm curious, what with all the talk about how much the TnT interface sucks, has anyone tried loading Launcher Pro on their G Tablet? Wouldn't that be a simple way to get around the UI issues?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Falco1

Falco1 Member

I think if you talk to anyone and everyone that owns a GTab, we are all running either ADW, Launcher Pro or Zeam for the most part.
    Zebulon likes this.
  3. Zebulon

OK, thanks. I take it that Launcher Pro and the other programs gets around the awkwardness of the TnT interface, then?
  4. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

Zebulon likes this.
  5. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I installed a custom that got rid of the whole tnt interface. There's a lot of options for gtab owners. You can get rid of stock, keep some of the stock interface, keep all of it but enhance it by adding a enhancement pack. there's something for everyone.:)
    Zebulon likes this.
  6. Zebulon

Awesome, I appreciate the clarification. I'm kind of on the fence as far as buying a tablet right now. I'm kind of torn between the G-Tablet and the Notion Ink Adam, which may or may not ever really be available. The G-Tablet sure looks like the best bang for the buck, plus, you know, you can actually buy one.
  7. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

this may help you make your decision.

Alternative GTab firmware - NI Adam based (updated 1/26/2010, version 1.0.0 alpha4) - xda-developers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKWeVY_pOEs

if it's the software you like on the Adam, we already have it running on our G-tabs. :D
  8. Zebulon

Yeah, I have seen that video before. The Adam sure does look slick, and the specs on it are REALLY impressive, but it seems like Notion Ink has really had issues with getting the Adam to the market. I also like that I can go do my local Office Depot and actually try the G-Tablet out, rather than sending my $450 to India and hoping that maybe I'll get a gadget in return.
  9. xmr405o

You know that's not the Adam, right? ;) that's the gtab running the adam software. So far almost all the tegra devices that are out, our gtab devs have been able to port apps and even entire UIs to our gtab. This gives the gtab the advantage of flexibilty.
  10. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Videos like that make it easier and easier for me to jump and get a gTab
  11. xmr405o

A rooted Gtablet is not a bad option. It's as fast or faster than most devices that are out now, the screen is ok, build quality is above average, the price isn't too bad (279-399?) Used and New.

It's a nice device.
  12. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Yep! I use LP. Works great :)
  13. kimkgk

kimkgk Well-Known Member

I don't work for the company but at this point in time with all of the options available and the quality of the Gtab for the price why would you stray elsewhere. It doesn't replace a pc altogether but it sure is fun and can do most anything you ask of it.
  14. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

I have not regretted my purchase once. I guess it all depends on what kind of hardware you want. I like messing with my stuff and customizing, and the gTablet is great for the money and capability of it. The only thing that irritates me is Viewsonic's lack of accessories, namely a nice fitted case similar to what an ipad has.

As a side note, I have used LP+, works fine. Switched to ADW-EX and haven't looked back (on both my Droid and gTablet).
  15. amagalla

amagalla Member

Sears has a pretty good deal on a basic case:
    viewsonic case
    I just had my brother pick a "refurb" g-tab from sears ($280) and this case. I'll see them on friday and let you know what I think.