Launcher pro or ADW?

Last Updated:

1. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Which one do you think is the best and why? Also, is there a sense home launcher also? If so, how do I get it? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

ADW. Faster, and improved my battery.

3. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Its what Im rockin now and I like it actually. I liked Launcher Pro also. But I am using ADW now and its a lot faster it seems. But I was wondering if there actually is a Sense Launcher like ADW and Launcher Pro?

4. crupp

crupp Well-Known Member

Launcher Pro. Seems to be more customizable

5. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I like Launcher Pro a lot more, but it does seem to drain your battery a bit more than ADW, so now I am back to Twiz and I still cant believe you cant customize the dock lol

6. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

i like adw better but i use launcher pro because of the customizable dock, i use it to show off to my iphone friends

7. norsairius

norsairius Active Member

I liked the customization of Launcher Pro better, but it would occasionally have this weird but where certain folders on my phone's "desktop" just wouldn't open no matter how many times I tried to open them. It would require restarting the phone for the folders to open again.

That said, I've switched back over to ADW launcher, which certainly isn't bad.

8. mesasone

mesasone Well-Known Member

I used Launcher Pro, then switched to ADW after reports of better battery life, then switched back and forth a few times - the battery didn't seem to drain much faster/slower with either for me. So I'm back to Launcher Pro. No real reason, it's just the one that was still running when I decided battery usage was essentially the same.

9. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

I like launcher pro for the customizable dock. You can have 5 icons x 3 plus each icon has two settings. For example you can set up one to open browser when tapped, or open a book mark when swiped. I have the camera icon open camera when tapped, gallery when swype. The music icon opens mixzing when tappe, pandora when swyped. I put the phone icon in the middle on all three drawers. When I tao phone it opens phone but when I swipe it, it opens the notification tray.which is nice because my thumbs aren't long enough to reach up there

10. jhnstn00

jhnstn00 Well-Known Member

you can change icons to different apps on dock. from what I recall, on the apps launcher screen you can go to edit, change to non-alphabetical, then drag what you dont want off the dock and drag what you want onto the dock, then change back to alpha..

Ynomrah and acp like this.
  11. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

I've used both - Launcher Pro seems more customizable to the everyday (non-coder) user. It's pretty straight forward to change docks or icons or such.

12. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Lol Im an idot

13. MikeyMike01

MikeyMike01 Well-Known Member

I use ADW, because it lets me resize widgets. I have 8 rows, so that things like the Power widget take up half the space.

14. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

Adw......

15. sapv

sapv Well-Known Member

I have both ADW and Launcher Pro. I use home switcher to switch between ADW, Launcher Pro and the TW Launcher. I did not notice any significant battery life improvement from one over the others. The battery life seems to be about the same between all three to me.

I like ADW for the following reasons:

1. DROID X theme available in the market
    2. Ability to expand and shrink widget size
    3. Swipe to get preview of all home screens

What i don't like about ADW:

1. Too many FCs (Force Close)
    2. When you select the apps on the homescreen, the color you choose stands out a lot. You will notice it even when you flip through the screens. I would like to see a no press color option

I like Launcher Pro for the following reasons:

1. First and foremost, scrollable dock
    2. Dock notifications (not that important but a cool feature to have)
    3. Three customizable dock layouts (I have the glass one)
    4. Separate memory usage settings (I like the option that prevents force closes)
    5. 3D App drawer (not that important but looks cool. They say it is under development and may cause stability issues. But, it is working perfect on my samsung captivate)

What i don't like about Launcher Pro:

1.Occasional Choppy performance
    2.No swipe to open previews option (although you can hit the home button while on home screen to get preview of all screens)
    3. Don't see any free add-on themes that will go with LauncherPro (may be i am wrong. If someone knows where to get themes i can use with Launcher Pro then please reply to this message)

TWLauncher: this is the samsung touch wiz. I don't hate anything about this. I don't like it too much either. In other words, I don't care!!

Final verdict:

I prefer Launcher Pro over ADW because of one single reason. Force-closures. ADW should fix it. If they fix it, probably i will shift my default home app from Launcher Pro to ADW.

Hope this helps folks.

16. Android_J

Android_J Well-Known Member

LauncherPro for me. Haven't had any issues with it and I love the fact that I can hide all the useless AT&T apps.

sapv likes this.
  17. dadams312

dadams312 Member

I've had the phone for a few weeks now, tried the stock touch wiz for the first week, launcher pro the second week, and adw the 3rd week.

I think I prefer launcher pro personally, seems a bit snappier that touch wiz and adw ran worse than touch wiz in my experience.

sapv likes this.
  18. Wakefield

Wakefield Member

The hide app option on launcher pro does it for me.

sapv likes this.
  19. sapv

sapv Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot. I forgot to mention about that ability to hide all at&t bloatwares

20. iJITSU

iJITSU Member

I prefer Launcher Pro. Looks/works great. Liked it enough to purchase the widgets which are nice and Sense-like.

21. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

You can do this with launcer pro plus

22. JuneNYC

JuneNYC Well-Known Member

Hey, how do you hide the bloat wares? I use launcher pro too

Edit: never mind, I got it.

Can't beat 15 scrollable dock bar.

23. jblaze5779

jblaze5779 Well-Known Member

You can customize the dock...

24. jblaze5779

jblaze5779 Well-Known Member

25. mesasone

mesasone Well-Known Member

Oh, one thing I didn't really care for on ADW is that if you swiped down anywhere on the home screen, it would pull down the notification bar. I seemed to do that a lot, by accident. I could see how others may find that a plus, though.