Launcher Pro or ADWSupport

Last Updated:

1. ku4ever2

ku4ever2 Member This Topic's Starter

Getting my X today and wondering which custom launcher to go with. Seems like both ADW and LPP are great..curious what people are using and why?

Advertisement
  2. InfiniteWalrus

InfiniteWalrus Active Member

Launcher Pro gives you a scrollable dock which is amazing. I was never able to get the hang of the ADW dock gestures, but that could just be me.

3. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Well-Known Member

I like LPP mainly because I enjoy the scrollable dock better (and I like the look of the dock more as well), and for the LP+ widgets.

4. snickle

snickle Member

I am a big believer in LPP. And teh support is great.

5. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

I like pie

6. humungus

humungus Well-Known Member

I used LP for awhile but I've switched over to ADW. LP has more features (though ADW's recent updates have closed the gap), but ADW simply performs better. When it comes down to it, I'm all about speed.

7. maniacman54

maniacman54 Well-Known Member

i had both and I prefer LP. I even upgraded to the plus version. ADW is good and LP is good. So its just a matter of preference. You can try out LP for free, but won't be able to use some of the premium features (LP widgets)

8. esn

esn Well-Known Member

LP all the way you will love it compared to the stock blur. I also purchased the plus has some great widgets.

9. ItalianScallion

ItalianScallion Well-Known Member

LPP gives you resizable widgets, which is great if you like some of the Blur widgets (I might be in the minority, but I actually do like them). The Blur widgets can get a little wonky on a restart in LPP, but nothing major, and the dev has stated he's working on it.

10. VegaLA

VegaLA Active Member

Good question.
    I used LP free for a while and then learned of the widgets so went full time with the pro version. I'm impressed and the scrollable dock is lovel;y, however in the screengrabs thread I noticed you can DL themes for ADW which made me stop and think as i'm not sure the same can be said for LPP.

Can anyone correct me on that one?

11. maniacman54

maniacman54 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you can have themes, but I downloaded LP icons, which has some really nice dock backgrounds and has icons that look like the stock LP. I liked the themes of ADW, but I didn't see myself changing it constantly to justify not going to LP.

One of the biggest selling points for LP is that I can hide apps from the drawer that I use from the homescreen or dock or ones that I just don't use. I have a lot of apps, but was able to hide like 75% of it.

12. oshi-k

oshi-k Member

I used LP for a while but got occasional fc's. Went to ADW and have not had one fc in the last few weeks. I think it's more stable and yes it has themes.

13. JazzMat

JazzMat Well-Known Member

I've been using LP Pro for several weeks. Completely stable. Love the look, features, and performance. Haven't tried ADW, but LP hasn't given me a reason to look elsewhere.

14. p0k3y

p0k3y Member

I have used LP since 2.1 on my Droid. But lately it's been really slow - often takes 10 seconds to show all icons after leaving a program like the browser or youtube. So I decided to try ADW. Got the latest 1.1.4 and it's soooo much faster than LP. No brainer for me - ADW is the winner, for now anyway!

15. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

LPP won my heart with its scrollable dock bar -- up to 15 icons, always accessible from any home screen (apps, direct dials, etc), but its lack of theme support is inexplicable. But LPP even allows me to shrink my MoreIcons widget, among others. There are some slight periodic lags, but the DX is so fast that the lags aren't (yet) a dealbreaker.

FYI: I stumbled onto a work-around of sorts re the themes business & LPP. I noticed an "extract" command while in Astro, so I tried it with a particular theme's apk file. Turns out, Astro's "extract" pulls all individual icons and wallpapers from the apk, tossing them into a new directory with auto-created subdirectories. Going thru those newly created subdirectories yields the individual files, also visible to Astro. I renamed the icons I wanted, and moved them to my Pictures folder, into an "Icons" subdirectory -- all with Astro. These icons can then be selected and applied from the home screen via Better Cut. And, the extracted wallpapers can be applied via the usual method. I'm guessing power users already knew this, but it was one heck of a pleasant surprise for me.