Launcher Pro or Moto Blur?

Last Updated:

1. bennec

bennec Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I actually was loving Launcher Pro on my Droid, but after I got my DX yesterday and installed it, I got really frustrated with it all last night. It took away the ability to resize the widgets....something I was really excited about. I also couldn't tell that I could any longer set up pictures of my contacts for direct dial or just as a contact and see the options once I touch the picture. So I bought the full blown version and I'm still not convinced. I want to resize my widgets.

Since the Moto Blur (or whatever you want to call it) actually is customizable somewhat, and has the phone and contact pictures at the bottom of all screens, plus gives you the option to choose which screen to go to, I decided to go with that for a while.

Since I own LP now, I may go back. I just got really frustrated.

Anybody know when and if LP will allow the widgets to be re-sized?

I love this phone though. My only other frustration so far is setting up a facebook account brought over EVERY friend and I'm not allowed to delete them unless I delete the friend in FB. Why the heck didn't they prompt you like Twitter on whether you wanted to bring them into contacts? Why is FB controlling contacts so much? I just wanted the account so MY contacts on my phones would get the FB pictures.

Advertisement
  2. Agfox

Agfox Active Member

The dev said resizing widgets is not a priority. I don't expect to see them anytime soon. I still like LP and the customizations that can be done. It seems snappier as well. I like the resizable widgets, but it's not enough to sway me from LP.

3. Phantom_LS2

Phantom_LS2 Well-Known Member

I'm just happy with the stock moto interface.

4. tuanster1119

tuanster1119 Well-Known Member

I'm going with LP. It just feels smoother and faster.

5. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

I flipped between the 2, and even tried ADW.Launcher as well, but always end up coming back to LP. IMO, it's smoother and sleeker than stock. Plus, I like having multiple docks as well as multiple pages.

6. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

+1. I really hate how it does that. I don't want all my facebook friends in my contacts so I just unlinked facebook and now no one has a picture...I don't see how the developers look past these sort of obvious downfalls.

7. PeaceMaker

PeaceMaker Well-Known Member

I like LP but my issue is that since loading the Koi fish live wallpaper in conjunction with LP, it seems to now lag... I don't like this.

8. xx DROiD ERiS xx

xx DROiD ERiS xx Well-Known Member

LP is smoother than motoblur IMO..more customizable..3 revolving docks with its own customizable icons..has a possibility of being able to resize widgets (although i can give 2 sh**s about that lol) and come on lets be real..get your buddy who has a DX w/ LP and the 3D drawer and each of you show your app list..see whose phone gets the oooos and ahhhhs :)

when it comes down to it just use what YOU prefer...

9. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

ADW.launcher all the way.

10. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I tried launcher but honestly wasn't a fan....so I'm back to the stock Moto which I love personally

11. androy

androy Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhhhh. Its great to have choices..

I vote for LP..

12. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

I just installed and set up LP this am. I like the features it adds, but it DOES seem a bit slower to me, personally.

I'll try it a few days, and then decide.

13. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

The Droid X is my first Android phone (coming from a Motorola Q) so I don't have a lot of experience with the interface. I finally settled on LP after bouncing between the two for about five days (I didn't RTFM and uninstalled and reinstall LP numerous times not knowing that you can start the Blur UI). The customization is outstanding and from my perspective there is minimal lag even with the 3D setting on, except for the lock screen.

14. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I prefer the moto blur seems easier for me to use. I like the ability to resize widgets on my screen.

15. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

I have been using LP for about a day now, and for the most part I like it. But I get really frustrated when I'm scrolling in the 3D app drawer and I accidentally click on a program or create a link on the home screen for a program. I've been scrolling the same way I did with stock. Anyone else have this problem or know if there's a setting to fix it?

16. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

Yeah I think its just a bit too sensitive. I'm still adjusting my phone's setup, so I'm really hatin on the long lags when adding apps. I hope he can fix that.