• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro or Stock Home-What will you use?

Hello, this is my first post!

I have been looking at apps in anticipation of getting my Droid X and I like these launcher apps, but does anyone know if any of them will allow for re-sizing the widgets? This is a major selling point for me, I love that feature.

Visual notifications are awesome, it's one of the things I do like about the Iphone.

I'm glad you found us! Resizing widgets is probably not going to happen with the Launcher Pro shell.

Upvote 0
I'm glad you found us! Resizing widgets is probably not going to happen with the Launcher Pro shell.

My thing is why not? It would be a major selling point for a lot of android users. If we could use the resizing it would be better than the stock hands down but the stock beats it because it cause it allows resizing even if it is ugly to look at.

Upvote 0
The stock widgets work with launcher pro, you just can't resize them. Here a couple of quick pics of LauncherPro with a few stock widgets running.

100_2197.jpg
100_2198.jpg

Where can I get the little androids that you have on the phone? For like the browser and the phone and stuff. They are adorable!

Upvote 0
So how long until you will actually get one, does it take a while?

I'm trying not to think about that, because sometimes, especially with phones that are in high demand, they won't let employees order them until the hype dies down in order to keep up with customer demand. I hope this isn't the case, but it likely will mean I'll have to wait untill the end of July or .....dare I say it :eek:August:eek:

Upvote 0
I'm trying not to think about that, because sometimes, especially with phones that are in high demand, they won't let employees order them until the hype dies down in order to keep up with customer demand. I hope this isn't the case, but it likely will mean I'll have to wait untill the end of July or .....dare I say it :eek:August:eek:

Man that sucks, I hope that it doesn't take too long for your sake.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones