1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Launcher pro plus still have fc issues?

Last Updated:

1. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using the free version and would like to buy the full version, but I am hesitant after seeing alot of posts about alot of FC issues. Are they still persitant? Or have updates fixed the problems? Thanks.. Launcher pro is the best!!

Advertisement
  2. Argent

Argent Well-Known Member

I've not had any FC issues with LPP ever

buy it

install it

rejoice!

3. theslik1

theslik1 Well-Known Member

Never had FC with any version of LP Plus so far.

By the way (and I mention this in most LP threads I post to), the dev is rewriting LP from scratch for even better performance. You'll get your money's worth from this app! :cool:

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Have not had an FC in ageeeees.

5. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

the only way you might be getting fcs in lp is if you have very low memory. i know people with the eris who have this problem...any newer device shouldnt though.

6. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

Never happened to me in the few months I have used it. Actually never had a force close on my phone.... Thankfully...

7. Poloki

Poloki Well-Known Member Contributor

Not to be a downer, but I get a FC on my D1 about once every two days or so, somewhat less now that I turned off rotation within LP and I found I don't actually look at the widgets, so I will probably take them down. I do like the ability to change the size of any widget. I have the plus version and do believe it a quality item and look forward to Fede's re-write.
    I suggest that if you like it that much now, go ahead and buy it as it will surely increase in price.

8. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

I have never had a FC with Launcher Pro.

And by the way, if you are already using LP with no problems, you'll be just fine on LPP. They are the exact same, it's just that buying the Plus version unlocks the Plus only features. They are still in the free version, you just can't use them.

So if you are happy with your LP experience, nothing will change when you purchase a key for the Plus version except that you will have access to some extra neat features.

9. Szadzik

Have you turned on the Milestone/ Droid hack in LP settings? Since it appeared there I have had it on and no FCs at all.

10. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

If I reboot the phone and try to swipe to another screen too soon after the boot, I will get a FC from LPP. It's 100% repeatable on my phone. The workaround is to wait a few minutes and let the phone complete the boot before trying to do anything.

11. punkstrings

punkstrings Member

I use an HTC EVO 4g, i can't live without launcher pro anymore, i rarely get a force close message, with the exception of the new feature of text message popups from the dock, if I use this feature with a actual text, it force closes, from what i read it seems unique to the Evo, i think they will fix this issue in the future, for now i just don't use that feature. The pros definately outweigh the cons. I recommend buying to anybody, support the awesome developers.

12. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

I use LauncherPro Plus on my Droid X and can honestly say I have never had a single FC (knock on wood ;)).....it's worked great for me from the beginning.

13. Szadzik

You are simply trying to work on a phone that is not fully started up yet and this behaviour is not surprising. try the same thing on yor pc and you will see a similar effect.

14. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

FC's all the time with LPP, I'm afraid to report. My Inc is buggy and lags with LPP. LPP contacts widget would take forever to reload after each FC. I couldn't handle the delay any more.I really like LPP, so it's quite a bummer. But after three or four rounds... I've found the phone so much faster and responsive with Sense. I did not have the Droid Hack checked.

15. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

Get one or so a day. Still not bad enough to make me want to change though

16. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

Same here, LPP was extremely laggy for me after froyo update. I had to give it up, I am back to stock launcher and things are smooth as silk. Maybe I'll come back to LPP one day when they have all their issues worked out.

17. Szadzik

All you guys reporting faults go to LP forums and asak what memory settings you should use and adjust them as you are advised.

I have an old Moto Milestone with 256 MB RAM and everything is working fine including LPP.

It is only the memory settings you have not set up correctly and that is why you are getting those FCs.

18. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

Same results for me and my Dinc.

It helped quite a bit when I turned off the Auto-Rotate (which would cause numerous redraws/reloads of LP), but still had issues. Most notably, LP seems to die a lot when trying to leave the Phone app.

19. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

A lot of people keep saying this... on the DInc that simply isn't true. LP dies constantly. Redraws constantly (especially when rotate is enabled), oftentimes LP dies while using the Phone app, as well some widgets are hit or miss trying to load.

20. Szadzik

Looks like the phone is at fault here then. Maybe the Sense showing its greatness.

21. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that it's difficult to assess likelihood of problems by reading forum posts. By nature, all forums have a disproportionate number of problems posts. People rarely bother to post that everything is working properly and that they're having no problems. I've never had issues with Launcher Pro. Those that do likely have another issue that they need to troubleshoot versus some inherent problem with the app itself.

Besides, you can't beat first hand experience. If you do experience a lot of FC's you can remove it. It's not like you're permanently stuck with it after loading it.

22. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys, and girls....I understand this, just didn't want to spend the money if its not all fixed yet. Thanks for all your replies. I will give it a shot and report later. Oh and I do get a FC once in a while on the free one.