1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Launcher Pro Plus

Last Updated:

1. Loud

Loud Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

Just a quick question regarding LPP. I've been running it now for a few weeks with little hassle and am loving it so far. I just wondered if anyone has experienced the little problem I'm having. On initial start up everything works fine and dandy then later during the day I notice that the dock icons kinda drop off the bottom of the screen, well the bottom half of them do, and the notification bar also becomes visible even after I've set it to be hidden.

To rectify it I have to reboot the phone and then all is fine again....until it happens again a little later. It's not a massive problem but it simply shouldn't happen at all and it kinda bugs me after a while. I've never set the dock to show more than one row of 5 icons and so can't work out why it has suddenly started to misbehave.

Any ideas will be muchos appreciated ;)

Have a nice day y'all :D

Advertisement
  2. ianramsden87

ianramsden87 Well-Known Member

had this happen to me a couple of times normally hitting the home key or going into an app and back out again resolves it for me

3. alan hanson

alan hanson Well-Known Member

slightly off topic so appologise whats the benefits of launcher pro plus?

4. Loud

I do zip in to an app and out but it doesn't fix it for me. Quickest way I have just found (2 mins ago) is to go to preferences and re-hide the notification bar, still shouldn't have to but meh lol

The benefits are you can now get the Sense widgets for people, bookmarks, calendar and messaging if you want them. I do use people, bookmarks and calendar so works for me.

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

never happened to me, have you changed any of the memory usage settings?

6. Loud

Nope, nothing changed.

Like I said it's not a major problem, it's more of a niggle. If there was an easy remedy then great but I can live with it ;)

7. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

1. People, calendar and sms widgets.
    2. Resizable widgets (need that since i've got the x). Works well for other widgets.
    3. Supporting the dev. He's extremely quick to respond to complaints AND fix issues.

8. pugland

pugland New Member

I was having this problem aswell and it was driving me mad. I like my phone to look neat and I'm pretty anal about these things!

The only forum post I could find relating to this was yours and I was wrecked I couldn't get it fixed.

I just figured out that it was caused by the cursor button on my HTC Desire.
    Whenever I slid over it with my thumb it would select one of the widgets (usually Extended Controls widget) which would push the dock down a few mm.

Just move the cursor to a new position and it solves the problem.

This may not be the case on your phone but it's worth trying.

9. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

Don't forget the convenient dock at the bottom at allows you easy access to 15 of your favorite programs. :)

10. Jnewmnan83

Jnewmnan83 Active Member

If your using swype gestures...make that 30!

11. wabbitt1970

wabbitt1970 Well-Known Member

This problem has been happening ages on my phone. I found by going into an app and back to home would get rid of it, but I got so annoyed with it I've just left my notification bar switched on.

Pity because I really don't like the notification bar and love the clean look without it.

12. toosurreal01

toosurreal01 Active Member

Try restarting LPP and see if that works as a "quick-fix"

Menu > Preferences > Restart