1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Launcher Pro Plus

Last Updated:

1. ha3kthi5

ha3kthi5 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks thinking of buying this app.
    1. Is it worth it

2. What does it do thats better than stock?!

Many thanks

Advertisement
  2. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

1. Yes in my opinion. Best money I have spent on my phone was getting LP+

2. Give it a try free from the market first, install home switcher (also free) so you can switch between the two if you wish. Best advice is to give it a go yourself really. I was an android noob when I first tried it and it only took me an hour to set it all up the way I liked it. A few hours later I bought it and have and will never go back to touchwiz (captivate). It has gotten a few updates that I liked, one very recent - dock popups and the widgets that are unlocked in the plus version sold me. I use 2 of them. I assume it will only get better and possibly rise in price, deservedly so.

3. del2484

del2484 Well-Known Member

I like it a lot. Switched from Home++ and it's a lot faster, plus the docks, popups and widgets mentioned above.

4. ha3kthi5

It looks cool, I have an x 10 will this replace the timescape and mediascape features? Sorry for the noobishness!

5. PinkMirrorKirby

PinkMirrorKirby Well-Known Member

No, it won't replace Timescape nor Mediascape as they are separate applications.

It's like HTC Sense with the included modified applications, if you use LauncherPro, you cannot use HTC Sense widgets, but you are still able to use Friend Stream as a separate application.

6. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

I tried it but didn't like it. Seemed slow on my desire

7. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

Oh something's wrong then, it actually makes the interface seem faster. It also improved response on my Motorola Charm (which runs that sluggish ass Motoblur).

And yes LP pro is definitely worth it.

8. posttal

posttal Member

I have Launcher Pro nad wa thinking of getting Launcher Pro Plus just so I had the ability to resize widgets.But when I went to the site to download it it says must first uninstall your current version of Launcher Pro.Does that mean I will loose all my customizations already made ? I tried to install it OVER my current version and it wouldn't install like they said.I know on a PC when you uninstall a program it sometimes will ask if you want to save your user settings.I was just curious if anyone know if this was the case with upgrading launcher pro to launcher pro PLUS ?

9. horseinthehouse

horseinthehouse Active Member

as far as i know since the developer is not in the US, launcherpro plus is only activated by a code you input into your prexisting launcher pro application. you shouldnt have to uninstall or anything..

10. ha3kthi5

weill i have tried the free version and compared to the sony x10 default i think its shite sorry!

11. glockjs

glockjs Well-Known Member

if you use launcher pro and like it...then yes. its not about the plus vs basic....yeah you get a few extra widges...the main point is giving the dev $$$ to continue his work.

12. froydao

froydao Member

I've "updated" my HTC Hero from a 2.1 ROM (Villain 12) to a 2.2 ROM (froyd 1.5). And the best thing that happened was the Launcher Pro Plus. Thought that being without Sense, would be hard to accept. But after Launcher Pro I'm thinking never to go back to a HTC Sense phone. My Hero seems a bit faster than with Sense. Definitely worth paying 3 bucks to help the developer.

13. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

Widget resizing is worth $3 to me. That's the number 1 benefit to the paid version of LP+. I only use one of the LP+ widgets.

14. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

This is identical to my experience with my (htc) eris running kaosfroyo 37

15. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

I use it with my Desire and will not go back to HTC Sence. I try to check out Sence once in awhile but Launcher Pro is way faster.