Launcher Pro problems on AllySupport

Last Updated:

1. mattgaitan

mattgaitan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I've had Launcher Pro on my ally for about 2 weeks. I was using my phone and all of a sudden the background got choppy, and widgets started to look choppy, and had bad quality. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Launcher pro, and I've even cleared my caches. When i switch back to the regular Android Launcher, widgets and the background look fine, I just don't understand why Launcher Pro looks like crap now. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

i had problems with launcherpro as well and no one seems to know why. some ally owners have no problems with it and love it.

try this -- manually reboot your phone when things start to get slow and choppy. it's good to do this once a day anyway to free up RAM.

if you continue to have problems with launcherpro, try adw launcher. that's what i'm currently using and i haven't had any of the issues i had with launcherpro.

3. gaetawoo

gaetawoo Guest

try changing your memory settings in the advanced settings of launcher pro. the compression may be causeing the bad look.

4. dots

dots Well-Known Member

I guess I'm one of the few that have had no problems and love it. Sounds like you are maybe running low on memory. To me anyways. Ironiclly with launcherpro I'm usually above 50%mb in free memory.

5. mattgaitan

I had adw but i didn't like it, kept getting a bunch of force closes.

I have a task killer, i know people say they're bad, but it doesn't cause me problems.

6. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

you don't really need a task killer. get SystemPanel Lite (or paid version if you want). It does appkills and a lot more, and has a smaller footprint than most task killers.

7. mattgaitan

That is a great app, thanks for the tip! made me realize ATK was taking up 10 megabytes by itself haha