• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro Question

cwikert

Jul 26, 2010
I just installed launcher pro to try it out since i heard people saying it was faster than tw. However, the default dock at the bottom has an icon (the one of the person) and when i press it it says "application not installed on this phone". what does this shortcut normally go to and what application do i need to install? Also, I assume I should make this my default choice for the action of pressing the home soft button? And that if i uninstall then it will just return TW to the default choice automatically?

No biggie, just hold the contacts (aka, "head") icon till the shortcuts menu opens. Then choose Applications, find contacts and then choose the icon (default is the regular color version, launcher pro will let you select the same grey icon).

You'll be good to go. I think it's something about the default launcher pro contact dock item being a shortcut to some other app they offer.

Upvote 0
Cool thanks. My task manager shows tw still running in the background though. Does that mean it's slowing down my phone still? And also uninstalling launcherpro does revert to tw as the default right?

It will either revert back automatically, or after uninstall the next time you press the home button it will ask you what application you want to load and if you want to set the default. I believe with only one other home application (TW) it would revert back to default.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones