Launcher Pro Question

Last Updated:

1. cwikert

cwikert Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed launcher pro to try it out since i heard people saying it was faster than tw. However, the default dock at the bottom has an icon (the one of the person) and when i press it it says "application not installed on this phone". what does this shortcut normally go to and what application do i need to install? Also, I assume I should make this my default choice for the action of pressing the home soft button? And that if i uninstall then it will just return TW to the default choice automatically?

Advertisement
  2. DT

DT Well-Known Member

No biggie, just hold the contacts (aka, "head") icon till the shortcuts menu opens. Then choose Applications, find contacts and then choose the icon (default is the regular color version, launcher pro will let you select the same grey icon).

You'll be good to go. I think it's something about the default launcher pro contact dock item being a shortcut to some other app they offer.

3. cwikert

cwikert Member This Topic's Starter

Cool thanks. My task manager shows tw still running in the background though. Does that mean it's slowing down my phone still? And also uninstalling launcherpro does revert to tw as the default right?

4. Dennis_Bham

Dennis_Bham Well-Known Member

If you are going to experiment with other launchers, I think loading the Home Switcher app is worthwhile. While you are experimenting, try ADW.Launcher too ... Home Switcher makes it very easy to switch around between the launchers and experiment.

5. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Howdy!

Download an app called Home Switcher. It let's you select the default, switch between multiple home apps (I've got TW, ADW and LP, with LP as my default).

[edit]

Doh!

Dennis > DT :D

6. keredini

keredini Well-Known Member

It will either revert back automatically, or after uninstall the next time you press the home button it will ask you what application you want to load and if you want to set the default. I believe with only one other home application (TW) it would revert back to default.

7. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

I wonder if having 2-3 launchers on the phone will affect performance, and if the one that is not active or in the forground is still processing things that might be installed on it.

It might be a way to have different setups to use, for various needs. But I am not sure I'd want to do that at the expense of having it perform badly.

Any idea?

8. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to have Launcher Pro running with Touchwiz bottom icons?

9. allted

allted New Member

When you hold down the icon reselect whatever you want there, Like the second post of the thread. Once you select it a pop up asks what icon you want.

If that doesn't work or make sense I'll do a step by step if necessary.

10. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Do you mean like color stock icons vs. the LP grey/mono icons?

11. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Not just color.....but your four icons when using touchwiz.