Launcher Pro questions

Last Updated:

1. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am one of those having the problems with the screen restore delay, and I figured that trying a new launcher might help. But, with the improvements of 2.2, I am wondering whether Launcher Pro is still much better? I hear there were compatibility issues when it first came out, are those fixed? I don't need any more home screens and "effects" are not really important.

So, am I better of with the stock launcher or Launcher Pro?

Advertisement
  2. FastButters

FastButters Member

LauncherPro is worth it to me just for the expanded dock and the option to hide crap icons (such as Touchdown license, etc) in the app drawer.

3. dustoff69

dustoff69 New Member

Check out LauncherPro Plus, it offers some useful widgets in addition to the expanded dock.

4. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

I haven't tried ADW (or any other launchers) since 2.1, but I can't imagine anything else being better/faster than LP still. If you're still having issues with the screen re-drawing and taking a while to load the icons/widgets, then you can try the lock-in-memory fix (if you're rooted). This has worked for me so far. It's still re-draws and takes a sec going from portrait to landscape (and visa-versa), but coming from different apps, it instantly loads the home screens.

5. Vance

OK, good, I will check out Launcher Pro and see how it goes!

6. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I will not cry the virtues of LP.. everyone else has. it rocks.

I will only add that it helps my screen redraw issues hugely and does for most users. you can search other LP threads and read the same. I can't imagine not using it.

7. Vance

OK, I have loaded it up and I love it! I even went "pro" just to support the dev. And you are right, so far it seems to have fixed my screen redraw issues!

8. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

LauncherPro Plus is (in my opinion) the best home replacement app available! Especially with an over-clocked kernel! It's merely a few bucks and definitely worth it. Download the free version and customize it to you liking. Then after a few days (or weeks) of tweaking and testing, buy LP+ and be blown away!

Kratos

9. jmack356

jmack356 Active Member

I still like ADW better. It will do pretty much everything LP will, and a few things it won't. Adding all the widgets to LP was a mistake IMO since that's when a lot of issues began - they ought to be packaged separately.
    Besides, I haven't seen a FC with ADW in months. With LP it was daily.

10. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Well-Known Member

I previously used LP and then quit using it for reasons I dont recall. After updating to 2.2 the redraw issues were making me crazy, so I decided to try LP again. My redraw issues have virtually disappeared after installing the software. In addition, LP in conjunction with beautiful widgets has made my phone feel new and refreshed. I highly recommend both apps.