1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Launcher Pro Thread (questions and stuff)

Last Updated:

1. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had some questions about Launcher Pro in my head, and finally decided to ask some of them to the brilliant people here. I can't remember all of them, but the ones on my mind most recently are:

1. If I want to move a widget, folder or app icon to another screen, how do I do this?

With Sense, I drag the icon/widget on top of another icon/widget. It sort of gets frozen there and I am able to scroll to other screens with the icon/widget still frozen in that same spot. I can then grab it from there and place it on the screen wherever I have room.

2. Why is there such a long delay when I try to add an application to a homescreen?

I assume the delay is from having to load all the applications and their icons into a displayable list. I don't recall this delay with Sense. Does Sense always have them pre-loaded into memory for a faster on-demand display? There is no delay when opening the app drawer, but when I go:
    Menu->Add->Shortcuts->Applications it takes more than 10 seconds to give me a list of apps. Subsequent tries are faster, usually a second or so.

I'm, sure to have some more questions and will add them as they come up. Please feel free to post your questions about Launcher Pro in here as well. When I did a search for Launcher Pro, most of the question based threads were in phone-specific forums. This one is in the App Forum and should get more generalized exposure.

Advertisement
  2. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Looks like I figured out the answer to my first question.

I stumbled on this accidentally. If you hold a shortcut to the edge of the screen long enough, it will scroll to that screen while taking the shortcut with you. It took me 9 days to stumble onto this solution.

3. k0smo86

k0smo86 Well-Known Member

The wait is just load time