Launcher Pro Update

Last Updated:

1. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if anyone else was having issues with Launcher Pro having less than smooth transitions between homepages and preview mode, but I just downloaded today's update, and now it feels like a 1ghz phone ought to feel: buttery smooth

Advertisement
  2. LavenderPekoe

LavenderPekoe Member

I wasn't having issues, but the upgrade gave me the one thing I was missing, a way to have a small direct dial shortcut on my home screen. Color me completely impressed with LauncherPro. I even gave them money even though I don't use the widgets.

3. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Does this app save on battery power? What are the pros and cons of the app? Im considering getting this app but only the paid version.

4. seeker613

seeker613 Active Member

Hi, folks!

I'm new to android platform, but fairly technical. I got my droid2 which I l absolutely love- when VZW 1st started shipping them Aug 12th... I've put a lot of time into it & I would like to use LP, but I've found bugs & would appreciate any input/advice.... esp best practices for usage for when I'll go back to using LP.

I would like to use LP, but I have found it to be buggy in a couple of areas...& I ignorantly did a Factory Reset, thinking I was backed up by My Pro Backup, but lost a lot of data fm certain app's data & settings that weren't backed up & I am afraid of having to restore all that stuff again. I posted in the LP Bug report forum, & have had 7 views on that posting, but no answers...

specifically the bugs are in the functionality of the 5 icons in the drawer on the bottom of the screen:

Firstly - the two leftmost icons, contacts & phone dialer BOTH bring up the dialer & not contacts.

Secondly- I cannot change the icons in the drawer to anything else... I tried to make the rightmost icon into the Market icon & make Browser 2nd to rightmost- but it kept functioning as browser.

Same thing w/trying to change the 2 leftmost icons it did no good, both would not change into whatever I tried, even the white LP icons...

I would love to be able to change the drawer icons, so I can save a slot for another app on my home screen... but while this doesn't function according to the way it should, I am afraid to use an app that might crash & burn my droid2 & it's data.

Since I got no answers on the LP forum, I am posting here, to try to find other Droid2 users & to see if they have any experience w/these issues in LP...

This is all based on the versions recently downloaded versions of LP..

Thanks in advance, seeker

5. knoxx

knoxx Member

you can easily change the pictures/actions of said icons..
    try long pressing the contacts button, change shortcut, applications, and click contacts.. u can do the same with changing the icon picture itself.. u can even put a custom icon if u use bettercut or anything of the sort..

hope this helps ;]

6. seeker613

seeker613 Active Member

Thanks for the reply/advice. Sorry if it wasn't clear from my description, I tried the long press & choosing change icon fm the resulting dialog. Didn't work b/c the icon changed, but the app that it called did not... Can, anybody get it to work- or is this some sort of conflict w/one of my apps or gadgets? Anybody know of apps/gadgets that are known issues w/LP? It happened every time...

Also, do any of u have diff icons for Dialer & Contacts in the LP default drawer @ the bottom of the screen?
    I get differ icons for Contacts & Dialer- but only Dialer is launched when either
    icon is pressed @ least that's what I get on my D2....
    TIA, seeker. Posted fm my Droid2

7. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You want "Change Shortcut" not "Change Icon"

I actually changed my shortcuts to 1. Favorite Contacts 2. Text messages 3. App Drawer 4. Map 5. Browser. Because yes, the Dialer and Contacts were bringing up the same app.

8. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

seeker, if you long press the icon, go to change shortcut, and then go to applications and select it from there it should work. I just noticed that the contacts and dialer went to the same place so I tried to fix it. Had the same problem as you at first and then got it working.

9. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

The poster is correct. Changing to contacts still brings up the dialer. I set it to bring up contact search instead which still gives me the contact list.

I kept seeing things about launcher pro but didn't try it until today. For me, the main benefit is that the home screen rotates to landscape with the keyboard still in.

10. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Yea I keep trying to change icons size on accident and it kinda freezes so i have to reset it. Other than that being annoying it seems to have no problems. I just got a new bank so I have to wait 3 days till I can purchase with pay pal.

11. WildrideDroid

WildrideDroid Member

I'm running the launcher pro now, is it better than the dolphin browser? What's the difference between the two?

12. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Launcher pro is a whole home replacement. Dolphin only replaces your web browser.

13. WPWoodJr

WPWoodJr Well-Known Member

I had this issue with the Droid X. I was able to modify those icons. The dialer icon is the wrong one and will lead you to the wrong screen during a phone call. To set up the dialer properly change it to bring up the "Dialer" application. To set up contacts change it to bring up the "Contacts" application.

14. JSS12

JSS12 Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I downloaded the free version of Launcher Pro about 7 months ago and for some reason it never came up that I should update it. Recently, it began saying that my version will expire in 2 days from now.

If I update will I lose all of my customizations/settings??

Is there any way for me to backup these settings so when I update it, I can get all of my old settings back?

Thanks!

15. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

You wont lose your settings.