• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro vs ADW Launcher

Trying out Launcher Pro right now. Really nice but missing a critical feature for me. The Mobile Network widget. I want a one-touch solution for turning off 4g to save battery.

The most promising thing I've found was DCSwitch, however it's not compatible with HTC Sense running on the phone. Is there a way to disable HTC Sense without rooting it? Gaining access to the HTC Sense widgets from Launcher Pro would also work too.

Upvote 0
Actually, I just uninstalled Launcherpro and installed ADW today. I have had Launcherpro for about 3 weeks. At first I was in love as it did greatly improve the speed and customization of my phone. I was even resigned to donating since I liked it so much.

However, after a couple of weeks, I suffered a serious deterioration in performance... lots of forced closes and a seriously obnoxious 5-10 second lag for the home screen to load. I know that doesn't sound that bad, but when your sitting there staring at your phone waiting for it to respond, it just sucks.

saw online in many forums that this was somewhat common, I messed with the settings as others outlined and uninstalled and reinstalled. Thought I might need another week or two to see if the same performance bugs would reoccur, but basically it was the same right off the bat.

So, take that for what its worth. I will see how ADW works for me. Both are free, so it doesn't hurt to explore both.

as for the the original question, I think launcher pro is probably a sliver better (when performing as it should). But, the lag and force closes is not acceptable.

Upvote 0
well, as I finished that last post there and went to turn off the music player on my phone, guess what... the dreaded 10 second home screen loading. Then an app loaded that I probably touched while it was frozen launches and when I close that, error, force close.

So, its most likely my set up rather than any of these launchers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones