launcher pro vs adw

Last Updated:

1. escalade6103

escalade6103 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im wondering yalls opinion on launcher pro vs adw, which is better? pros and cons on each. im currently using adw and i like it for the most part but would like to change some things about it, like being able to resize widgets and be able to scroll up and down in the app page instead of having to scroll sideways. i mean its just little things but its still a great app. but your opinions to help me decide if i wana spend the money on launcher pro plus

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I am using LauncherPro Plus. I tried ADW just because I wanted to add more objects to my homescreen. LP was just updated so that you can do it on there now. I have a 5x8 layout on my homescreen and you can resize widgets. With the recent update I don't think ADW has any advantages over LP, but LP has a lot over ADW.

I highly recommend LP+ to anyone. The widgets are awesome, the facebook widget is the best FB widget available for android IMO. I use the FB, twitter, messaging, and calendar widgets from LP and love them all. Plus the developer is constantly improving this already great app.

3. irhxcbcziuzxs

irhxcbcziuzxs Well-Known Member

I have been having some trouble in both ADW and LP dragging icons to different screens if that effects anyones decisions.

Sometimes it knows im trying to go to the other screen, most of the time it does not.

4. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member

You can change the horizontal scrolling app drawer behavior in ADW by going into ADW settings (press the options hard key on the home screen, -> ADW settings) and then going into app drawer settings and unchecking the horizontal scrolling option.

As for the original question, I'm trying to choose between the two. I love the dock in LP and I love the people and facebook widgets, but ADW seems much faster to me. If I could get the LPP widgets to work on ADW I'd use it exclusively. Right now I switch between the two.

5. rdillz

rdillz Well-Known Member

ADW is my choice. Its the only choice for themes if your DX Is not rooted. Themes are simply amazing for ADW and they add more to the market everyday. Also add an unlimited number of apps to the hidden dock that appears with the flick of your finger. You can resize widgets but its not as elegant as LP+ at resizing. LP+ is great as well, but its slow going back to the home screen sometimes. It seems to use more resources than ADW. LP+ has a great dock that highly customizable and great widgets.

6. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

When I first received my X, I immediately installed LP due to everyone's suggestions on this forum and the negative reception MotoBlur received. Unfortunately the first device I received was populated with dead pixels, so I only had the phone for about two weeks before I received a new device.

With the second device, I decided it would give me an excuse to try ADW. I actually used this for several weeks, finding not only the ease of applying themes great, but the fact that it ran flawlessly on the X. I also enjoyed the ability to resize widgets, which at the time LP could not do.

Than of course LPP (extra P is for "Plus" - paid version) came along, and with it brought a whole new game to the launcher market. With the promise of constant updates by the developer, and with such a low price, I figured I would give LP a second chance. I'm glad I did, because ever since than I've only stuck with LPP. And as promised, the updates have been constant (specifically in the area of self-made widgets). The only thing I'm not a fan of, is the fact that every now and again, the launcher tends to become a bit sluggish for me, specifically when I awake the screen.

I'd say your best bet is to try out both (LPP unfortunately cannot be returned before 24hrs of usage because it's not "officially" on the market) and see which ones cater to your preference.

Either way, you can't go wrong with either one.

7. gio2005

gio2005 Member

I love LPP, but the only way that you will know which one you like more is to give each one a try.

8. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member

Good advice. I recommend getting this app which will make switching launchers easier:

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]ClearDefaultHome
    by TeslaCoil Software
    5,000 downloads, 96 ratings (4.5 avg)
    [/td][td]Free
    [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

Once you install/run that and press the home button it will ask what launcher you want to execute.