Launcher Pro Won't Launch?Support

Last Updated:

1. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Decided to give it a try after hearing rave reviews from many. Downloaded Launcher Pro from the market today and it installed but won't open. There's no icon in my app list for it either. I can find it by going to Settings > Apps > Manage Apps but the only option there is to uninstall.

Rebooted and on the homescreen I had an option to use Sense or Launcher Pro so I chose Launcher Pro. The bottom dock was there but some of my previous icons were still on the homepage and I couldn't hold/drag them off the screen? Also, still nowhere to interface the program for options.

Am I missing something obvious or what the heck?

2. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

When you press the home hard button, does it give you a choice between LaucherPro and Sense? LauncherPro puts a few shortcuts on the homescreen by default.
  3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Yeah that threw me in addition to dragging them to the trash can instead of off the screen. Looks like I'm going to need to jump aboard the learning curve. I think I have it up and running now.
  4. solosaniok

solosaniok Well-Known Member

I instaled launcher pro and i was swiching betwen it an Sense and i accidently taped the checkbox "use by default" on Sense and now a just cant get in launcher .. how can i fix it??/ ... i tryd to uninstall but didt worked.
  5. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Well-Known Member

There's a few ways to fix that, solo.

Option #1: (Without downloading any app) - Press menu > settings > Applications > Manage Applications - Click HTC Sense - Click Clear Defaults, and then after pushing home, you'll have the option again

Option #2: Download Homesmack or Home swither (Froyo), and click the clear default home button, or whatever it is
    AustinTech likes this.
  6. fatpomp

fatpomp Well-Known Member

You have to go to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications> At the top chose ALL. Now scroll down till you find HTC Sense then click on it. Now scroll domn and click clear defaults. Now when you press the home button again you will get the option to chose between sense and launcher pro.