• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro's "Dynamically Challanged" Problem: Solved

When I turn my phone off and then back on the contact widgets have all resized themselves, I keep setting them back to the way I want and they are fine for awhile, then they resize themselves when I turn the phone on. again. Any ideas on how to stop this? Thanks

Yup same problem here, but it's not just contact widgets, all motorola blur widgets that have been resized will magically resize themselves when the phone is power cycled.

Upvote 0
cap201008070057.jpg

How do you get so many icons on your homescreen?

And what is that tap to speak widget?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
love having the moto contacts widget back for one touch dialing, but I am also having to resize them occasionally. It is not a power cycling thing for me, not sure what is triggering it.

For now, I am happy to just resize them again as I only use 3 contact widgets and I am happy to have them back as it was the only thing I was missing from the stock ui!

Upvote 0
I have seen some people refer to the multiswipe on the home icons, what exactly do you mean by this? I know you can scroll the home dock, is there something else I am missing?

You can have 15 apps in the dock by swiping it left or right. However this number is doubled to 30 since each dock button can be opened 2 ways: can press it or swipe to open. Each method opens a different app. For instance as one of your dock buttons, you can have a text message app shortcut by pressing down. You can also have that same text message shortcut open another app, maybe Facebook, by setting the same button swipe to open option. If you have the latest update, just hold down the dock button & it will display the options.

Reactions: Grad
Upvote 0
Ok so this time I took all my widgets off my home screen before installing LPP and I paid for plus, unlocked it and got home switcher. Rebooted. Set up all my LPP settings and its working excellently. No lagginess at all.
I was wondering if there was a way to change the icon looks though. Is there widget packs or anything like that?

I am beginning to think I am invisible, no one ever responds to my questions.....

Upvote 0
Not to be redundant, but it seems even the latest build of LPP resized moto widgets don't like a reboot (forget settings like which email account and need to be resized again).

Also, they don't really resize exactly as they did in the stock home (the layout is a bit off for some widgets).

However, I'm starting to just look for widget alternatives or living with the limitations (keep them 2x2 and no filtering to just one email account).

(Maybe w/ 2.2 I can go back to stock)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones