• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro's "Dynamically Challanged" Problem: Solved

this may have been said already but I have found that the messaging widget and the social networking widget do not reformat after resizing. all the other Motorola widgets reformat to sizes fine with one exception. The contact quick tasks need to be selected and after the person is added, you have to back out and re size it (even if its already the size you want) and then it will format it self and let you pick the tasks

Upvote 0
Can someone explain how to create bettercut or any cut shortcuts for direct dial and direct text in my LPP dock? I held down on the dock icon and chose to create a shortcut using better cut but it keeps placing my direct text shortcut on the home screen instead of in the dock.

Tried any cut but it seems to crash every time I try to create shortcuts for my wife and a few other specific contacts but not all of them. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Ok so this time I took all my widgets off my home screen before installing LPP and I paid for plus, unlocked it and got home switcher. Rebooted. Set up all my LPP settings and its working excellently. No lagginess at all.
I was wondering if there was a way to change the icon looks though. Is there widget packs or anything like that?

I am beginning to think I am invisible, no one ever responds to my questions.....
Did you ever get an answer for this? I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but if you long-press on a dock icon you have an option to change the icon...you can find android icon packs all over the web, most of those will work. Most forums have threads about the subject, deviant art has a large selection as well.

The dock background can also be changed to whatever dock image you find...the option for that is under Preferences > Appearance > Dock Backgrounds.

Does that help?

Upvote 0
You can have 15 apps in the dock by swiping it left or right. However this number is doubled to 30 since each dock button can be opened 2 ways: can press it or swipe to open. Each method opens a different app. For instance as one of your dock buttons, you can have a text message app shortcut by pressing down. You can also have that same text message shortcut open another app, maybe Facebook, by setting the same button swipe to open option. If you have the latest update, just hold down the dock button & it will display the options.

One of the best features of LP. It allows me to keep most of my screen real estate free from icon clutter and is just plain cool on top of that.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if you can save a homescreen setup in LPP? Like I just made a custom theme I guess you can say, wallpaper/custom icons/dock icons, etc. and I would like to switch back and forth between themes if possible instead of each time having to change all the icons individually. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones