Launcher questions

Last Updated:

1. dmsatax1x

dmsatax1x Member This Topic's Starter

I want to switch from Sense to a different launcher like ADW or LPP and have some questions.

Can you or SHOULD you delete all the Sense stuff after you install a new launcher and you intend to never go back. If so, what files would have to be deleted?

Do either of the above mentioned launchers improve performance?

Thats all i have now but i know i'll have more as i find out more info.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

If you want adw as your default and don't want to go back, just flash an AOSP rom, there's nothing sense in there at all.

And no, just changing your launcher won't improve performance.

3. dmsatax1x

dmsatax1x Member This Topic's Starter

thanks t0ast3d. i guess ill just stick with sense in that case... unless there is a ROM out there that has ALL the phones(EVO) features(4g, wireless hotspot, cameras, etc) but without Sense. anyone know?

4. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

That does not exist, all aosp roms do not have some features working. However you can try launcher pro, i use this over sense and seeps a little snappier in screen movement and opening the app drawer. You can also but it and get some of the widgets that you lose when you take away sense, but it may be worth a shot

5. AndroidJim

AndroidJim Well-Known Member

agree...launcher pro is my favorite. cm6 is what im running now and I love it...no sense stuff. Cant get the tether to work but not a big deal for me. No 4g in denver yet so not sure if 4g works on it or not. Everything else seems to tho