Launcher w/ different image for each screen?

Last Updated:

1. Titaniac

Titaniac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know of a method/launcher that allows you to have a different wallpaper image for each screen?

Also, if that's not possible, is there a way or a launcher with the option to lock the wallpaper so that it doesn't slide when going from screen to screen?

Thanks, everyone!

Advertisement
  2. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

This was discussed a long time ago (like 8 months), and someone pointed out that it would not be possible because of the way the home screens work. The background is 960 x 851 IIRC, but the home screen itself is 480 x 851. With 3 home screens, that would be a total width of 1440 rather than 960. The screen itself scrolls much further than the background image does. With more screens (for those using a home replacement or a different ROM) that ratio becomes even greater. 5 screens is 2400 x 851, 7 screens is 3360 x 851... the whole while, the background image still remains 960 x 851.

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

LauncherPro just updated and now you can set it not to slide when you scroll through home screens.

4. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Sweeter home. Next?

5. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

Please explain? I have just 2 pics I would love to have as permanent wallpapers anchored to two of the home screens

6. bdrsvt

bdrsvt Active Member

You are in luck. There is an app on the market called MultiPicture Live Wallpaper that allows you to choose a diff static image for up to seven screens and loads of transition options between screens. As long as I've had Launcher Pro I've been able to set the backround to not move while scrolling between screens. Hope this helps.

7. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

If I install that app would I have to redo all my shortcuts?

8. smpage

smpage Well-Known Member

Downloading Multipicture Live Wallpaper now. Sounds like it does exactly what the OP wants and more!

9. JediSamReye

JediSamReye Well-Known Member

Im installing it right now, but my biggest question is why dont you install and try?

10. JediSamReye

JediSamReye Well-Known Member

No you dont have to mess with anything, it just is made as a live wallpaper, its amazing. Im playing with it and i will use it all the time now.

11. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

I just installed this.... but will it let you have a different "live" wallpaper for each screen.. I got it to show different images from the pics on my phone every time I move the screen..but that's it....

12. tgambitg

tgambitg Member

I was playing around with it, and had the different Lantern Corps symbols as different wallpapers for each home screen set to crossfade, and it looks badass...

13. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

What I ended up doing was downloading a program called Turtle Picture Frame. I'm dedicating one screen to a special calender that I wanted. I don't want anything over it so it's better than a wallpaper for my purposes.

On the other hand it would be nice to have a different picture on every window.

What resolution picture is ideal for one screen in Multipicture Live Wallpaper?

All of your widgets, shortcuts and folders remained on the screens where they were before after you run Multipicture Live Wallpaper?

You actually got a different wallpaper to exactly fill each screen separately...so you have 5 wallpapers now?