LauncherSupport

Last Updated:

1. Saera

Saera Member

Ok i was in a corporate cricket store today and i was doing an insurance claim because of a 3 year old and some water with my phone. Well while i was in there i had Launcher Go Ex on the phone and girl was like "i just wanted to let you know your launcher voids your manufacturers warranty" and i was highly confused because i was always told it was NOT and it was only rooting that voided the warranty.

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I've been in a similar situation myself with my toddler, orange juice and a laptop!

No need to be confused, I'm 99.99% sure she's talking rubbish! I can only imagine she believes you need root to use Launchers? I can't imagine why installing an app that does nothing more than add a GUI to the phone would void the warranty.
    PolicyWonk likes this.
  3. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

That is completely false. Take it back and demand the manager and if that person says something about it, take it higher up the chain. Changing a home launcher does not void your warranty. It alters the function of the phone in no way. Its just a simple "add on"
  4. Saera

Saera Member

Thanks ! I just..i've been having problems before the water, i had 2 factory resets because they assumed i had viruses from apps and that was causing my phone to restart all the time at random intervals. so i finally went there and was like '...new phone...now..' but..l...i'm kinda afraid to re use go launcher ex because i just dont want it to restart the restarting.
  5. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

What it is, is Cricket and Metro both discontinued the Ascend. So it makes it not as easy as going in the back room and handing you a new one. I know people that went in and the store told them they would have to get the M835, I know people that went in adn were told they'd have to upgrade and pay the difference and I know people that went in and they actually ordered them a new Ascend. Chaning the home launcher voids nothing.
    Can0dope and El Presidente like this.