shrink57 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

I couldn't wait. It works!!!

[​IMG]

3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I used the Helix 2 app in the market (free app). I don't know how similar it is but the Helix 2 launcher seems to be almost identical to the launcher used in Cyanogen.

4. UBRocked

One difference might be that because the one you have is named "launcher2" it might take some of the themes better than the Helix 2 launcher.

5. Ambush

Ambush Active Member

I downloaded both Helix and Helix2, Helix works okay, but when I try using Helix2 all I get is FCs. I don't even get to see my home screen.

6. UBRocked

Hmm...I put both of them on BB v0.9 and they both worked fine. Maybe it is not compatible with your ROM...what are you running?

7. shrink57

Isn't the Helix2 4 columns? The main difference here is the extra column and maintains the 3d. I heard rumors there may even get the extra column on the home screen. The one thing I miss in this launcher are the 4 docks for apps in the home screen.

8. UBRocked

Yes the apps are 4 columns in Helix2. I just tried this 5 column launcher2 and it does work. I would say that the 5 wide icons seem squished together and the launcher2 doesn't allow you to pin 4 static icons at the bottom like Helix does (nice feature!). Also, the Helix launcher is a little better IMO in landscape mode.

Oh...I forgot...the Launcher2 seems to scroll more fluidly in portrait mode. That was nice. Edit...I had said scoll was more fluid in landscape mode above...I changed it to what I meant to say:)

9. Ambush

Ambush Active Member

i'm using BB v0.8

10. shrink57

Yea, I went back to the older to get back the 4 static icons. This 5 column is an interesting novelty. I am sure they will keep improving it (maybe give a menu driven choice of columns). I does make it faster to scroll down when you have 130+ apps like I do. I am just getting bored waiting for 5.0.5 (from what I am reading the last test ate everyone recovery - a good time to brush up on adb commands :eek:).

11. UBRocked

Yeah, I caught tip as to where to download it but I was forewarned about the problems. I let it eat the recovery anyway to see what would happen (I'm just stupid like that :) ). I had to flash clockwork via adb and it was no big deal. The ROM just seemed strange to me. Apps2SD was still grayed out, Launcher2 wasn't included...very strange. Hopefully they will get it sorted out.

When you loaded it...It scrolled though a bunch of files that were being deleted...which didn't make sense. Like I said, strange!

12. UBRocked

Sorry, I don't know why you would be having an issue with that...Seems like there are plenty of people running BB 0.8 and this Helix launcher has worked for them (as far as I've heard). I'd give you something to try but I can't rationalize why this isn't working for you. :(

13. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

According to some stuff I read.. Helix2 will not work on BB 0.8 only 0.9

UBRocked likes this.
  14. UBRocked

15. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

should add, while Helix2 will not work on BB v08 Helix will ( the non-3D one)

16. rdillz

rdillz Well-Known Member

Helix launcher 2 is Nice but it takes up 80mb of RAM. I still think helix 1 is the best option for the Droid in terms of speed and function. I hate going back to the homescreen and having to wait for icons and Widgets to appear.

17. Droidking

Droidking Well-Known Member

Is it compatible with DM 1.0? I tried the helix launcher and all i got was a constant forceclose loop. I dont want to make the same mistake twice.