LauncherPro 4.4 Beta Mirror?General

Last Updated:

1. Tinsammich

Tinsammich Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Was wondering if anyone has a mirror to the new beta? Tried to access the webpage from my DInc but won't load either the page or the apk. :(

Advertisement
  2. itsTee

itsTee Well-Known Member

3. Tinsammich

Tinsammich Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

4. itsTee

itsTee Well-Known Member

no problem..

5. worknman

worknman Well-Known Member

Question - Since the Incredible has the SenseUI and 7 home screens, why would you need this app launcher? I'm not trolling or anything... I genuinely want to know what I'm missing :) I wasn't even sure if apps like this would work on a Sense phone.

6. itsTee

itsTee Well-Known Member

well with launcherpro, you can have teh shortcut dock on the bottom. you have like 4 shortcuts on the dock i.e (Phone, Contacts, Text, Browser) and when you flip through your different home screens, that shortcut dock stays there. and when you press the app drawer launcher, it has that icon fly in which is pretty cool. You can customize it to just having 3 screens if you wanted.i don't use all 7 screens so i just have launcher pro set at 5 screens.

7. sheepforwheat

sheepforwheat Well-Known Member

i use it because it allows you to customize the bottom dock. You can put a shortcut to anything you want in the dock and use any icon you want. For example i have google voice, phone, all apps, contacts, gmail all in my bottom dock.

8. EnvyOnTheCoast

EnvyOnTheCoast Member

NOTES FROM THE DEVELOPER AND A WORKING LINK TO THE LATEST BETA (v0.4.4)
    ----------------
    LauncherPro v0.4.4

Another minor update, here’s what’s new:

* In 0.4.3, I increased the scrolling speed a bit which caused a bit of lag for some users. I’ve set it back to the way it was before. Will add an option to choose scrolling speed soon.
    * Improved the code for the Nexus One dots. They should perform a bit better.
    * New Elastic scrolling option: this lets you enable or disable the elastic or “bounce back” effect when scrolling through homescreens. (Advanced settings)
    * New app drawer opening speed option: Here you can tweak the speed of the opening/closing effect for the app drawer. Zero is the slowest, 10 makes it appear/disappear instantly. (Advanced settings)
    * New dock background (Froyo Wide)
    ----------------

Download from Mediafire

9. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Shortcut dock, hide the notification bar, change the number of screens, smoother animations. That's about the full list.

Admittedly it isn't a HUGE upgrade over Sense, but I like it better so that's enough for me. That's the fun of the platform: you have so many options.

10. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I'm loving launcher pro just downloaded 4.4 . The only thing I still haven't found is a good Mobile Network and GPS widget like Sense honestly the only two things I liked better about sense

11. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

I know the answer is somewhere in this forum as I've seen it before, but I'll ask since its relevant to the topic :) I want to try this launcher. Is it easy to switch back to Sense if I want? Another program to switch between the two?

12. ChiTownJim

Download Home Switcher , it will allow you to set it as a default and is easy to go back and forth if you get bored

wkd1 likes this.
  13. EnvyOnTheCoast

EnvyOnTheCoast Member

Do you mean like the quick toggle settings bar? There's a virtually identical clone of the Sense widget called Extended Controls - only the developer added tons of customization options and basically take it to another level. It's really slick.

There's a few others in the market that say they do the same thing - but I've tried them all and this one nails it. It's like $1 or whatever, but couldn't be more worth it for a good toggle app.

If that's not what you're talking about...then I don't know what you mean I guess.

ChiTownJim likes this.
  14. ChiTownJim

I'm downloading it right now, I'll let you know . Thanks

15. ChiTownJim

That app is almost perfect but has a ton of extra awesome features.
    The only thing and maybe it's just me missing is the Mobile Network. I put the mobile network toggle on the 4x1 bar but it doesn't do anything

16. EnvyOnTheCoast

EnvyOnTheCoast Member

You have to select the "1 X 1" option when you're adding a widget to a screen - that means just a single icon. Then select what toggle you want it to be and hit apply.

The toggle for "mobile network" you want they have it called the "data network" on their app. Same thing, it will toggle it off and on.

17. ChiTownJim

Yeah, it's always got the green light and when you click it says
    "Data Network (APN) activated" but the green light stays it never says deactivated

18. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Well-Known Member

One of the biggest improvements over sense in my opinion is the fact that you can use it in landscape mode.

19. worknman

worknman Well-Known Member

When you install this, does it disable Sense, or just hide it? In other words, do you now have the overhead of this running on top of Sense? Also, if you hide the notification bar, how do you receive notifications? :)

Djteetee likes this.
  20. Oddity

Oddity Well-Known Member

I believe if you set LauncherPro as the default and reboot your phone, it will only load up LauncherPro. Sense won't load up unless you use home switcher and open it from there. You may be able to kill sense from the manage applications screen but I haven't tried that. And if you hide the notification bar, you can bring it up at any time by hitting the menu button while on a home screen.

21. Oddity

Oddity Well-Known Member

I think there is an issue with the CDMA technology. Devs haven't been able to access the controls to turn on/off the CDMA data connection. I believe apps like this only work with GSM networks. Don't quote me on that, but I believe this is the case.

22. ChiTownJim

Makes sense, I wonder why the one from HTC works perfectly but noone else has figured it out.

23. RobN17

RobN17 Active Member

It shows up as an inactive application. It uses no CPU.

Djteetee likes this.
  24. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

It's hidden, not disabled. Just hit "menu" and bam, there's your notification bar.

25. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

i dont like that this launcher app does not allow all my widgets to work with it.

I wanted to put in the htc calander that takes up an entire page.. Its not available ...

;(