1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

LauncherPro 7.9/Apps Organizer/Folder Organizer Incompatible?

Last Updated:

1. exwifeusesiphone

exwifeusesiphone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Looks like LP 7.9 breaks both these apps on my system. When I load, my shortcuts still work, but as soon as I go into Apps Organizer, it crashes and gives me the bug screen. Folder Organizer let me get into the setup once, then it crashed as well.

Advertisement
  2. Hadron

Hadron VIP Member VIP Member

I don't use FolderOrganizer, but have no problem with Apps Organizer and LP 7.9.0. Just went in and changed some of the settings just to be sure, and worked fine.

May be device or firmware specific? You can see what I'm using to the left of this message.

3. exwifeusesiphone

exwifeusesiphone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downgraded to LP 7.81 and it was still doing it after a reboot...I reinstalled AppOrganizer from a backup to get my setup back and it's been fine under 7.81. I guess I'll try upgrading LP again...

I'm on a rooted 2.1 Droid X.

4. braj

braj Well-Known Member

I'm using Smart Shortcut, which works in the same way, and am not having issues, but it has an option to load it's folder links as widgets which seems more stable to me than the shortcuts option, you can't put these in the dock but if you are looking for this sort of functionality that apparently is an option that works.

5. theslik1

theslik1 Well-Known Member

LP Plus 7.9 and Apps Organizer on an OTA 2.2 DINC...no issues.

6. brianem

brianem Well-Known Member

I have the newest version of LauncherPro and FolderOrganizer without issue, Droid Incredible.

7. braj

braj Well-Known Member

It looks like I'm having some issue with Smart Shortcut as well, I'm just getting a black screen when I try to view the apps list. I'm on a Captivate.

8. braj

braj Well-Known Member

ok, if I did something, swicthed the number of rows in LP forging a reboot, and when I did that Smart Shortcut popped up once LP quit, and I was able to change my settings. So for anyone having issues, one possibility would be just to quit LP while you edit the settings.

One other thing with LP: I set my screen to show 5 columns, and now when I view a folder (built in not FolderOrganizer etc) it shows it in only 4 of the 5 rows. This is sort of cool bug though, because it makes for quick 'tabbed browsing' in a way, just put the folder icons in that last right-side column that doesn't show the folder when opened, then you can switch through those folders like they were tabs.

9. Doctorjazz

Doctorjazz Well-Known Member

I have Launcher Pro, use with Folder Organizer and seems to work fine (on a Droid), other than a general sluggishness, which I'm not sure what to blame (have Apps loading 210 out of 261 MB, also use QuickDesk and Quick Settings. The combo makes everything easily accessible, but, as I said, I pay a price in responsiveness). This may also be a Droid issue, which I think has too little memory and the processor is slow. Being able to put some apps on SD is an improvement, though. (2.2)

10. juanvp

juanvp New Member

"appman - apps organizer" is fundoo.. you can give a try ...
    You can manage thousands of apps in one window